Video has emerged of Colorado congresswoman Lauren Boebert wearing her “Let’s Go Brandon” dress while urging a crowd to join in with the popular right-wing chant.
The footage, believed to have been filmed in early November, shows the GOP representative on stage at wearing the red dress she first revealed on Thanksgiving while meeting with Donald Trump at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.
After getting the crowd to sing “Let’s Go Brandon”—a Republican catchphrase and direct replacement for the “f**k Joe Biden ” chant which was heard at major public events for several weeks—Boebert adds: “That is more than a phrase, that is absolutely a movement and we are taking our country back.”
The clip was shared by the Patriot Takes Twitter account on Sunday, where it has since been viewed more than 107,000 times.
The dress with “Let’s Go Brandon” emblazoned on it is a riff on New York congresswoman Alexandria Ocasia Cortez’s “Tax the Rich” white dress that she wore at the Met Gala in September.
Boebert tweeted her “Let’s Go Brandon” dress on November 5 while posing with Trump along with the caption: “It’s not a phrase, it’s a movement!”
In a statement to The Hill at the time, Boebert’s communication director Ben Stout said: “People are sick and tired of this administration and all the destructive things they’ve done, especially to our economy, and the way that they express that right now is with ‘Let’s Go, Brandon.'”
Elsewhere at the event, Boebert makes reference to Trump himself discussing the “Let’s Go Brandon” chant during an America First Policy Institute event at Mar-a-Lago on November 5.
It was reported that as the chant broke out during the event, Trump said: “I still like the first phrase better somehow,” in reference to the Biden chant. “It’s more accurate.”
The “Let’s Go Brandon” phrase is being used by conservatives as a thinly veiled attack on the president instead of the “f**k Joe Biden” chants.
The slogan originates from an incident when NBC Sports reporter Kelli Stavast claimed during a live broadcast that the NASCAR crowd were chanting “Let’s Go Brandon” in response to Brandon Brown’s victory at the Talladega Superspeedway in Alabama, and not the offensive chant attacking Biden.
Since then, “Let’s Go Brandon” has become an unofficial GOP slogan as conservatives and Trump supporters use it as a way to mock the president without using expletive language.
Trump even started selling “Let’s Go Brandon” merchandise on his website, with South Carolina Republican Jeff Duncan seen wearing a “Let’s Go Brandon” face mask at the Capitol in October.
- Colts Nelson Fined for Illegal Block After Video of Play Goes Viral
- 3 groups; many videos; many interpretations of D.C. encounter
- Marriage proposal turns twice as sweet, as goes couple proposes to each other
- YouTube’s Push to Counter Toxic Videos With ‘Good’ Creators
- Virtual reality could show others what autism feels like—and lead to potential treatments
- NBC Lets Sterling K. Brown Finish His Emmy Speech via Hollywood Reporter Ad
- Prospective volunteers tour San Francisco Botanical Garden
- Covington Catholic High School Student Nick Sandmann: ‘I Was Not Going to Become Angry … I Am a Faithful Christian’
- It Started as an Online Gaming Prank. Then It Turned Deadly
- 80 influencers Windows users and Microsoft fans need to watch
- Penguins beat Sharks 3-1 for 4th Stanley Cup title
- A Neighborhood Movie Mentored by Spike Lee: Michael Larnell on
- Hits & Misses: The Theatrical Performance of the Sundance Class of ’16
- HTC U12+ is official, with dual cameras, Edge Sense 2, and a stunning Translucent Blue color option
- I Can't Stop Playing With Gravity Balls
- Sharks stave off elimination, top Penguins 4-2 in Game 5
- YouTube Boomers Show #VanLife Isn’t Just for Millennials
- The shocking rape trial that galvanised Spain’s feminists – and the far right
- Sex, Beer, and Coding: Inside Facebook’s Wild Early Days
- The Lost Children Experience at FilmGateMiami 2014
Video of Lauren Boebert leading crowd in "Let's Go Brandon" chant goes viral have 651 words, post on www.newsweek.com at December 7, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.