Prince Harry’s memoir has the royals “quaking in their boots” and there is “more chaos on the horizon,” a royal biographer has told Newsweek .
The book triggered a rare on the record statement from the palace, dismissing it as fiction.
However, the book goes beyond that single allegation, with its author believing the rift between William and Harry may even date back to childhood.
The U.S. journalist, who has been reporting on the royals since the 1970s, said there may be more hurt feelings on the horizon even as the queen prepares for her Platinum Jubilee next year.
The celebration of her 70-year reign will come months before Penguin Random House publishes a memoir by the Duke of Sussex, creating a dilemma for the family about whether or not to invite Harry and Meghan.
Andersen said: “I would imagine they are quaking in their boots, I know they are. The potential for calamity with the publication of that book is immense.
“The Queen is 95 and has health issues. Charles has plans for the streamlined slimmed down monarchy.
“The queen, with Philip gone, and the pandemic raging on and her reign coming to a close, inevitably, she needed all hands on deck and everyone in their places on that balcony and instead you’ve got chaos.
“And so I can see more chaos on the horizon and more hurt feelings. Meghan will come and she will bring Archie and Lili.”
The center piece of the jubilee will be a four-day weekend for the U.K., when the royals will gather for Trooping the Color, Elizabeth’s annual June birthday parade.
Family members are likely to be photographed on the Buckingham Palace balcony, in what would be Meghan’s first trip back to Britain since their royal exit, should she attend.
It would also be the royal family’s first opportunity to meet the couple’s daughter Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor, born in June and named after the queen’s nickname .
They have also not seen Archie in person since before Harry and Meghan’s royal exit.
However, Andersen says tensions remain between the Sussexes and the royals.
“William is completely loyal to his father,” he said. “Any perceived slight to his father, even from his own brother is something he inevitably will respond to.
“I can’t imagine that he won’t tell his own story at some point.”
There may also be further battles down the line once Prince Charles becomes king and gets his first opportunity to impose his vision of a slimmed down monarchy.
That long-held ambition was the context for some of what Meghan described in the Oprah interview, specifically the discussion of whether Archie would become a prince.
Meghan suggested Charles would circumvent existing rules in order to stop her children from being given titles.
Andersen added: “My prediction is that once Charles becomes King I don’t think he’ll extend titles to Archie and Lili.”
- Racism in the Monarchy ‘played a role’ in Meghan Markle and Prince Harry quitting Royal Family, author claims
- Prince Harry 'rocked by LA earthquake' minutes after last public appearance
- Kate Middleton has been 'left devastated' by Finding Freedom revelations about her feud with Meghan Markle while Prince Harry and Prince William are having 'stilted and difficult' conversations, according to royal experts
- Prince Harry makes first appearance since bombshell biography claims to urge the travel industry to 'build back better' in a speech for a virtual summit for his sustainable tourism project Travalyst
- Prince Harry's biographer Angela Levin claims he's become 'a shadow of his former self' after losing some of his 'mischievous charm and royal stardust' and only focusing on negativity
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Labrador is called ‘Pula’ – and pays tribute to their third date in Botswana
- Finding Freedom author denies claims he interviewed Prince Harry and Meghan Markle for bombshell biography
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were 'forced' to dismiss Archie's night nurse' during her SECOND shift at Frogmore Cottage because she was 'unprofessional ', biography claims
- The best books to read about the Royal family as Meghan Markle and Prince Harry biography Finding Freedom is released
- Finding Freedom author hits back at claims he spoke to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle and insists they only 'exchanged a few words at engagements' despite book note saying they had 'spoken'
- Meghan Markle dropped a HUGE hint she and Prince Harry were 'already engaged' at the Invictus Games two months before their announcement by wearing Misha Nonoo's 'Husband' shirt
- How Prince Harry and Charles’ unbreakable bond means the door is still open for a return to royal life
- Prince Harry 'resents the perception that Prince William is the sensible one while he's the loose cannon' and has often been the one advising his older brother, royal commentator claims
- Prince Harry insists it will take 'every single person on the planet' to defeat racism in virtual interview with American civil rights organisation after saying social media is stoking a 'crisis of hate'
- Prince Harry ‘resents perception that Prince William is sensible while he’s seen as a loose cannon’, expert claims
- Meghan Markle guided Prince Harry on his public 'journey to wokeness', authors of the couple's biography Finding Freedom claim
- Meghan Markle 'Guided' Prince Harry on Learning About Racism, Say Authors of Finding Freedom Bio
- Prince Harry's childhood friend 'frozen out' after urging 'caution' over Meghan
- Meghan Markle guided Prince Harry on his ‘journey to wokeness’ after he ‘witnessed her facing racism’, author claims
- Meghan Markle ‘fell hard’ for Prince Harry after seeing what he was like around kids, new book claims
Prince Harry's memoir has the royals "quaking in their boots"—author have 945 words, post on www.newsweek.com at December 7, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.