A McDonald’s customer in Georgia has said an employee at the fast-food restaurant pulled a gun on her for not having a mask, according to reports.
Crista Burton said she believed the situation at the McDonald’s in Flat Shoals Road, in Decatur, escalated due to a misunderstanding over a mask, according to Fox5.
The customer said she recently went into the fast-food restaurant during a stop on her journey back to Athens.
Burton told the network: “I asked if they had any mask available. I guess they thought I heard their conversation, but I didn’t.
“They started yelling ‘didn’t I tell you that we didn’t have any mask available’ and I’m like ‘whoa why are you yelling?'”
After Burton asked staff for a mask, she said an employee smacked her phone from her hands.
Burton told Fox5: “I ran over to get my phone and when I got back up and turned around she pulled out a gun.
“She had a black bag and pulled out the gun. She threw the black bag back over the counter, and she proceeded to square up with me like she wanted to fight and was waving the gun.”
Camera footage captured the dispute and a McDonald’s could be seen brandishing a handgun and coming up close to Burton.
Burton later told the network: “I’m not a threat to you. I don’t have any weapons. I didn’t jump behind the counter and threaten to fight you at all. That was a real shocker.”
DeKalb County Police Department officers arrived at the McDonald’s and told Fox5 they were now investigating the case.
Burton said: “People, they don’t want to talk about anything. They just want to pull out a gun and shoot you I guess.”
Newsweek has contacted McDonald’s and the DeKalb County Police Department for comment.
Altercations between McDonald’s employees and customers have happened over a number of reasons whether over face masks or menu items no longer available.
McDonald’s employees in Henry County, in Georgia, said they hid in a refrigerator in fear for their lives after a furious customer attacked them because a menu item had run out.
A 16-year-old employee told WSB-TV 2 Atlanta that staff retreated to the refrigerator as they feared the situation could escalate and become violent.
Another employee told the network: “I was scared because, like, you never know how crazy people are like. He could have had a gun and shoot us all.”
- NHS worker had gun put to her head by Manchester terror police raiding wrong flat
- Custom face masks, personalised hand sanitizer, sweet treats aplenty, Koko balloons and a rare appearance from Rob! Khloe Kardashian gives a peek into her pink-themed 36th birthday bash
- McDonald’s worker batters customer with burger spatula in shocking video after he ‘stormed kitchen’
- ZAPPY Meal! Midnight mayhem at McDonald's as police Taser man during mass brawl - while one hungry customer grumbles 'all I wanted was a chicken sandwich'
- EXCLUSIVE: McDonald's worker who sued franchisee breaks her silence after landmark ruling that means ALL Australian workers now have the right to toilet and water breaks
- Ex-McDonald’s worker shares how to get fresh food, secret menu items and why the milkshake machine is always ‘broken’
- Phoenix will pay $475k to black couple after cops drew their guns and threatened to shoot them in front of their children after their daughter, 4, took a Barbie doll from a dollar store without them knowing
- Benidorm on steroids! Cornish locals say they are 'too scared' to go food shopping as visitors ignore social distancing and pour down narrow streets
- Cuomo threatens the president: Governor slams Trump's 'maniacal' warning to defund 'lawless cities' including New York and says that the commander-in-chief 'better have an army to protect him' if he steps foot in NYC
- FADA: Dealerships see 10% reduction in jobs with migrant workers leaving due to pandemic
- Woman desperate for McDonald’s yells ‘I hope you die!’ and shoves worker
- Brit McDonald’s boss fired for ‘inappropriate physical contact with a colleague at Christmas party’
- Slips, falls and fails: Revealing behind the scenes footage shows what it's REALLY like to work at McDonald's - and what staff get up to when customers aren't looking
- Man 'shoots dead Burger King worker because his friend's order took too long'
- McDonald's workers across Australia could be owed hundreds of MILLIONS in compensation after staffers were denied ten minute breaks - and even docked for going to the toilet
- McDonald’s says ex-CEO Steve Easterbrook is ‘morally bankrupt’ after he seeks sex lawsuit dismissal
- Former McDonald's employee explains staff secret behind 'broken' ice cream machines
- McDonald's customer confronts staff after being served a Chicken Legend burger on MOULDY bread - despite packaging saying it was freshly made to order
- More than 50 black McDonald's franchise owners file $1BILLION racial-discrimination lawsuit claiming the corporation gave them restaurants in less profitable areas
- Citations: West Side H-E-B cited for employees not wearing masks
McDonald's worker pulled gun on customer for not having a mask, woman says have 821 words, post on www.newsweek.com at December 7, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.