Jakarta/Coventry, UK ● Wed, December 1, 2021
The demographic bonus has been touted as a positive factor in contributing to our nation's economic development. All media and talks cite it as a great opportunity for our nation, as the high rate of the young workforce will help boost economic productivity.
However, this narrative about the positive outcome of the demographic dividend is in dire need of a rethink, especially after seeing how the COVID-19 pandemic has altered various socioeconomic dimensions of our younger generation, including those studying abroad.
Through the Education Endowment Fund (LPDP), the government aims to leverage the demographic bonus by giving selected candidates a world-class education at various top universities. Although the intention seems good, there are critical elements that need to be reconsidered.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
- Japan planning to ban overseas spectators over COVID-19 fears: report
- For many, COVID-19 has changed the world of work for good
- Government to form sovereign fund for postgraduate education
You might also like :
- Papuans return Veronica Koman's scholarship funding to Indonesian government
- OECD global tax deal: Large Indian companies rethink overseas investment plans
- Legarda bats for greater protection for overseas Filipino workers
- 'Do tourism differently': Sustainability expert says it's time to rethink how we travel
- The Only Way to Solve Our Supply Chain Crisis Is to Rethink Trade
- Our science system needs a big shake-up
- Michigan House and Senate Pass School Choice Bills
- Plan to study abroad? University ranking is not everything
- International borders are reopening with quarantine-free travel, but not everyone is happy
- A crusade to end grading in high schools
- Explained: What the BJP sees in PM Modi’s meeting with Pope Francis
- Study abroad: Ten BEST nations to go to!
- News from the world of Education: October 8, 2021
- New Zealand's psychological crisis putting lives at risk
- Extreme Networks (EXTR) Q4 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Mizuki married his wife almost two years ago. COVID border restrictions mean he hasn't seen her since
- HDB concessionary loan: Know your eligibility and how to apply for HLE
- Can Cross-Cultural Understanding Be Taught?
- Britain’s electric car revolution will require some European spark
- Divorced Parents and Financial Aid
LPDP overseas scholarship needs rethinking have 432 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at December 1, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.