Jamie Oliver' s telly and cookbook empire raked in a whopping £65,753 a day last year despite lockdown woes.
Accounts for his parent firm Jamie Oliver Holdings Ltd showed the firm turned over £24m and made a pre tax profit of £1.68m for 2020.
A report sent to Companies House said the firm had enjoyed a good year but social distancing and lockdowns had "negatively impacted our restaurant franchises".
He has eateries at Gatwick Airport plus places abroad that are operated under his name.
His accountants for JOH Ltd revealed: "We have successfully delivered new Jamie Oliver titles in both book and TV formats during the year and there has been a continued strong performance from back catalogue book titles, ongoing revenue flows from our endorsements contracts and our international distributor Freemantle."
The figures said £18.3 million of the income came from "royalties, endorsements and licensing income", £3.9m from "production income" and £1.5m in from franchise deals.
Almost £9 million was paid out in wages to 151 workers.
Jamie closed his restaurants with the loss of more than 1,000 jobs in May 2019 after profits plunged.
The telly chef has paid out around £15million in total from his coffers to try and keep the chain afloat but the true debts of the enterprise are put at around £83 million.
Jamie is still worth an estimated £100million thanks to his lucrative TV and cookbook deals.
He said of the collapse: "We had simply run out of cash.
"And we hadn't expected it. That is just not normal, in any business. You have quarterly meetings. You do board meetings. People supposed to manage that stuff should manage that stuff.
"I honestly don't know. We're still trying to work it out, but I think that the senior management we had in place were trying to manage what they would call the perfect storm: rents, rates, the high street declining, food costs, Brexit, increase in the minimum wage. There was a lot going on."
Jamie recently slated other big-name cooks for caring more about their ego than normal folk being able to follow their recipes.
He ranted: "As a man and a chef you have got to have a massive scrap with your ego and look at how many chefs' books are rubbish. It is because they cannot get out of the restaurant, out of control and ego.
“For me, you have to beat that person up and throw them to the side.
"My audience is very mainstream. My job is to be clear. You do your job and break it down into chapters that are logical and useful."
For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here .
- Authoritarian, elitist, anti-motorist.. and eye-wateringly expensive: Drivers, business and economists slam PM's 'Stalinist' plan to ban new petrol and diesel vehicles by 2030 - a date that was NOT in Tory manifesto - and his ten-point green revolution
- Rebekah Vardy and husband Jamie hit the drive-thru in luxury £130k Bentley Bentayga... with the £140k-per-week footballer waiting patiently in the passenger seat for his £1.29 Coke
- The £7.5bn Black Friday: Beleaguered retailers are set for sales boost today as frenzied shoppers switch to spending online... but high streets are eerily quiet
- Boris Johnson's decision to impose tougher Covid tiers will cost Britain £900million a DAY, say experts as it emerges almost the entire nation is to be banned from socialising indoors until April
- Gas boilers will be banned in just THREE YEARS: Boris Johnson orders ALL new homes to have electric heat pumps and hydrogen alternatives by 2023 in his Green Plan - but experts say he 'won't get anywhere near' his target on time
- World’s biggest superyacht with two helipads and worth £515MILLION arrives in Southampton
- Black Friday deals that are a bargain: Forget fake discounts, we’ve got offers that are worth clicking on
- Hope for Christmas? COVID cases drop to 19,609 and deaths fall to 529 as Boris insists he DOES want families to meet up over the festive break - but health boss warns it will cost England 25 DAYS of restrictions for just five days of seeing loved ones
- Modi's address on the 70th Independence Day
- Alessandra Ambrosio flaunts her incredible figure in a red bikini from her swimwear brand as she enjoys a beach day in Brazil
- 'He can't be a comedian - everyone will laugh at him!' Des O'Connor, who has died at 88, was born so poor he got rickets, and fainted when he stepped on stage - but despite his mother's immortal words - he became one of Britain's best-loved acts
- 46 Books Our Favorite Indie Booksellers Were Grateful For This Year
- Black Friday 2020 RECAP: Deals continue into weekend as shoppers hunt for bargains online
- OPEC+ Oil Ministers to Discuss Oil Cuts on Monday Amid Looming Second Wave of COVID-19
- Boris Johnson makes an impassioned plea to Britons as he offers rebel MPs the chance to kill off Covid tiers in nine weeks
- Marcus Rashford condemns MPs for voting to REJECT free school meals during Easter holidays after he led campaigners backing the move
- Experts blow up Boris's hydrogen pipe dream: PM's plan to replace gas boilers by 2023 is 'impossible' because only TWO hydrogen prototypes exist, a fifth of gas network will need to be relaid and EVERY engineer retrained
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 15
- Grant Shapps urges people NOT to use trains at Christmas because they will be 'too busy' - as UK ministers hold Cobra meeting on plans to ease Covid restrictions for festive family reunions
- Palace outrage at Netflix's The Crown as Prince Charles' friends launch a blistering attack on the TV drama and accuse producers of 'trolling on a Hollywood budget' ahead of the fourth series' launch
Jamie Oliver's eye-watering net worth boosted £65k-a-day last year despite lockdown woes have 958 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at December 7, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.