CHRISTMAS this year looks set to be a happier occasion for many who have not been able to visit family and friends in the past year and a half due to the challenges posed by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Diners also have the option to feast on gastronomical treats this yuletide season.
The St Regis Kuala Lumpur has pulled out all the stops to offer Christmas and New Year treats to patrons, with arrangements done in strict accordance with the standard operating procedure stipulated by the authorities.
The Brasserie's festive buffets return with a tantalising menu designed by its executive chef Keith Hooker.
At The Drawing Room, a decadent Christmas Afternoon Tea awaits diners and the renowned Santa's Kitchen will pop up in the lobby to inspire your festive wish list as part of the hotel's Christmas Fair.
Here's your chance to place orders for the Wreath of Life cake, box of Holiday Éclairs, Grand Marnier Christmas Fruit Cake, Christmas Almond Turrón, Valrhona Caramelia 36% Chocolate Bar, caramel spread, wild blueberry preserve, pistachio praline spread, Linzer cookie jars and — this year's special — Chocolate Christmas Trees.
There are two sessions for Afternoon Tea dine-in, from 2pm to 4pm and 4.30pm to 6.30pm.
It is priced at RM158+ per person or RM248+ per person with a glass of Delamotte Champagne, available until Dec 31.
If you want to gift someone something extra special, The St Regis Kuala Lumpur's limited-edition holiday trunks are available until Dec 31.
The trunks are wrapped in finely crafted faux leather with brass studs and feature the iconic St Regis crest.
Each trunk is specially curated by the culinary team with luxurious homemade delights using ingredients and items sourced from purveyors of fine foods.
They range from the Classic Trunk (RM800+) to the Legacy Trunk (RM4,000+), and the luxurious treats range from champagne, foie gras, caviar and Valrhona chocolates to fine cheeses and homemade festive spreads.
For the Christmas season, The Brasserie offers a delectable buffet spread from the skilful hands of Hooker and executive pastry chef Gael Moutet.
Foie Gras Terrine and Pate en Croute are just some of the appetisers, whereas the seafood-on-ice station offers oceanic delights such as Sabahan lobster, crabs and mussels.
A simple looking but complex condiment like the Shallot Vinaigrette with its bright pink hue and refreshing acidity adds punch to the fresh oysters, aside from the usual lemon wedges.
Caviar, blinis and fine cheeses are also available to whet your taste buds.
We diners kept going back for more of these but had to pace ourselves to keep room for the sumptuous roasts and hot dishes.
There are whole roasted turkey and Beef Wellington as well as Roast Lamb Rack to choose from.
The turkey meat was moist and juicy, thanks to the skilful way of roasting it at a low temperature before cranking up the heat, according to Hooker.
If you are not too full, do try the desserts such as Holiday Eclairs, Grand Marnier Christmas Fruit Cake, Santa's Kitchen Bauble and Linzer cookies.
The Brasserie's Christmas Eve Buffet Dinner, Christmas Day Brunch and Boxing Day Brunch are available on Dec 24 from 7.30pm to 11pm, Dec 25 from noon to 3.30pm and Dec 26 from noon to 3.30pm respectively.
The buffet is priced at RM418+ per person for food only and RM598+ per person with free-flowing sparkling wine, red and white wines and cocktails.
The spread available for the New Year celebration offers a selection of seafood on ice such as Boston Lobsters, Alaskan Crabs, Blue Mussels, Mud Crabs and Tiger Prawns.
There's also a live carving station with Rosemary Baked Lamb Rack, Seabass Wellington and pan-seared Foie Gras station.
For dessert, the restaurant offers its signature creations, along with an Ice Cream and Cotton Candy station and freshly baked Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies.
The Brasserie's New Year's Eve Buffet Dinner on Dec 31 is from 7pm to midnight and priced at RM588+ per person for food only and RM788+ per person with free-flowing sparkling wine, red and white wines and cocktails.
For takeaway and delivery of festive roasts, available until Dec 31, the price is RM699+ for Whole Roasted Turkey (5kg to 6kg serves up to 10 pax) and RM699+ for The Brasserie's Signature Lamb Rack (2kg serves up to six pax).
The traditional Christmas Turkey and Roasted Lamb Rack come with apricot and chestnut stuffing, honey-roasted parsnip and carrots, brussels sprouts, beef bacon-wrapped chicken sausages and duck-fat roasted potatoes.
THE ST REGIS Kuala Lumpur,
This is the writer's observation and not an endorsement by StarMetro.
- Ghost of New York past! Family's vintage vacation footage shows a grittier NYC during the 1976 holiday season - back when the Rocky was still out at movie theaters
- Foreign holiday season likely to be cancelled, says minister
- PS5 "on track for launch this Holiday season", promises Sony
- Deadpool Christmas Card Wishes You a Happy Holiday Season
- 'We WILL have a summer tourist season': EU vows to lift borders and enable holidays on the continent in boost for families hoping to get away
- No plan to cut salaries or retrench staff; Q4 loss was one off: Mahindra Holidays
- Her salon shuttered, hairstylist gets help with rent from Season of Sharing
- Holiday guide to the Llŷn peninsula, north Wales
- Holiday guide to Murcia, Spain
- TOM UTLEY: The day I stabbed myself with a chandelier and why I won't miss foreign holidays one jot
- Holiday Shipping Deadlines 2017: Make Sure Gifts Arrive On Time
- 'Dead to Me' Season 3: Will There Be Another Season of the Netflix Show and When Will it Air?
- You CAN book a holiday but at your own risk, says Grant Shapps as companies are accused of 'bullying' customers into handing over cash for trips which are unlikely to go ahead
- Coronavirus: Europe tries to save summer tourist season
- Top UK holiday park bargains guaranteed to be a hit with the whole family in 2020
- Commission sets fishing and shrimp seasons
- PlayStation 5 still on track for holiday 2020 release, says Sony
- The Mandalorian season 3 'already in the works'... six months before season 2 premiere on Disney+
- Best icelolly holiday deals including 7 nights in Malta from £139pp with flights
- Caravan holidays in the UK optimistic for the summer – but camping trips may not return until next YEAR
Curated delights for holiday season have 1042 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at December 1, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.