WASHINGTON: The United States has sanctions authorities at its disposal to use against those perpetuating the conflict in Ethiopia, which is increasing ethnic tensions and risks implosion of the country itself, U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said on Friday.
"We've used some of them already against Eritrea, which has been, unfortunately a very negative actor in this drama. Those tools remain at our disposal for others,” Blinken said at the Reuters Next conference of the conflict in Africa's second largest nation.
Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor
- UN rights council opens probe of abuses in Ethiopia conflict
- All sides of Ethiopia conflict are committing severe rights violations, U.N. says
- Rights violations on all sides of Ethiopia conflict, U.N. says
- Ethiopia to lose access to lucrative US trade program following CNN investigation
- Ethiopia: More misery for millions as aid delivery halted amid looting in Tigray
- Over Ethiopia's objections, UN rights body examines conflict
- Britain's army chief warns risk of accidental war with Russia is greater than during Cold War
- Ethiopia's Tigray conflict threatens to break country apart
- "Global paralysis" at U.N. over Ethiopia war allows atrocities to continue unabated
- 'I cannot escape': New abuses alleged in Ethiopia's Tigray
- Foreign Drones Tip the Balance in Ethiopia’s Civil War
- Ethiopia decries U.N. creation of team to monitor rights abuses in war-torn country
- Ethiopia: UN head decries 'hellish' humanitarian situation
- Ethiopia civil war: How PM Abiy led fight-back against rebel advance
- W.H.O. Chief Tedros' Marxist Political Party Accused of Mass Rape, Murder in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia claims strategic gains despite TPLF denials
- Blinken, in Indonesia, Stresses Soft Power to Counter China
- Antony Blinken: “What's most important for Russia to understand is that actions have consequences"
- Amanal Petros: Chasing records in Europe with Ethiopia on his mind
- Freelance journalist accredited to AP detained in Ethiopia
Blinken Says Ethiopia Conflict Risks Implosion Of Country have 325 words, post on www.news18.com at December 4, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.