Striker Dilpreet Singh scored a hat-trick as defending champion India thrashed hosts Bangladesh 9-0 to register their first win in the Asian Champions Trophy men’s hockey tournament here on Wednesday.
Dilpreet (12th, 22nd and 45th) scored three field goals, while Jarmanpreet Singh (33rd, 43rd) struck a brace. In between Lalit Upadhayay (28th) deflected in a variation from vice-captain Harmanpreet Singh’s flick from a penalty corner.
Akashdeep Singh (54th) also found the net from a field effort before Mandeep Mor scored his debut goal for the country from a set piece in the 55th minute.
If that was not enough, Harmanpreet also put his name on the scoresheet, perfectly converting India’s 13th penalty corner in the 57th minute.
Playing its first tournament with some new players after the historic Tokyo Olympics campaign, the Manpreet Singh-led India had earlier drawn 2-2 against Korea in the tournament opener on Tuesday.
India next plays Pakistan in the round-robin stage here on Friday.
- Japan's 'Like Father Like Son' Wins Big at Asia-Pacific Film Festival Awards
- Jennifer Hudson wins big at Image Awards
- Chinese Wary as Putin Visits India for Arms Deal
- Pakistan beat India to win Asian Team Snooker Championship
- Pakistan thrash India to claim World Snooker title
- Ohio St Beats Wildcats for Big Ten Crown, Hopes It’s Enough
- ESPN STAR wins cricket match
- Rep. Yoder’s India Lobby Offers $$$ to Jump Line for Green Cards
- ‘Game of Thrones,’ ‘Fleabag’ Big Emmys Winners
- India looks at sporting life beyond cricket
- Stop the Pounding Heart wins at DOK Leipzig; Norwegian hat-trick at Nordic Film Days
- Leishman rides winning wave into South Korea
- Film Bazaar: a decade of unearthing South Asian gems
- WESG 2018: TNC Crowned Dota 2 World Champion
- Thursday's NHL: Islanders sign Barry Trotz fresh off Stanley Cup win
- Ferris State football eager to join basketball in national-champion's club
- Pacific Rim: Asian American International Film Festival
- Tokyo Film Festival unveils major Asian push
- Super Bowl tracker: Patriots capture 6th title with 13-3 win over Rams
- Products Yanked from Amazon in India as New Rules Take Effect
Asian Champions Trophy | Dilpreet ’tricks as India wins big have 325 words, post on www.thehindu.com at December 16, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.