PETALING JAYA: Telecommunication giant Maxis Bhd is buying Internet service provider MyKRIS Asia Sdn Bhd from Leap-listed MyKRIS International Bhd for RM157.5mil.
In a filing with Bursa Malaysia yesterday, Maxis said MyKris Asia is the largest acquisition by the group to date.
MyKris Asia is a Malaysian-based company with more than 20 years of experience in managed network and security services with end-to-end field delivery and support.
"The acquisition, which primarily includes adding a pool of experts comprising 70 qualified engineers and support team, will further enhance Maxis capabilities anchored by Maxis Programmable Network and represents the foundation for future 5G readiness from Private Network to 5G Fixed Wireless Access," Maxis said.
It said MyKRIS Asia brings a strong team of certified specialists, diverse customer base, network assets and top-tier global and local partnerships.
"The integration complements Maxis' MEF 3.0 Certified Managed Network with Hybrid Network capabilities, which provides the best of both wired and wireless connectivity networks for businesses and sustains optimum connectivity experience," it added.
Maxis said together with MyKRIS' managed network security capabilities, it allows improvement in service agility, time to market and flexibility of solution in delivering managed network services to enterprises, which are increasingly critical in a fast-changing IT environment.
"Our latest acquisition reinforces Maxis' position as the leading converged solutions provider in Malaysia," said Maxis chief executive officer Gokhan Ogut.
The acquisition of MyKRIS Asia is expected to be completed by the first quarter of 2022.
- Uber in early talks to buy Europe's deliveroo
- China Makes ‘Largest Arms Deal’ of Its Kind with Pakistan After India Buys from Russia
- Pakistani Christian woman Asia Bibi may flee Pakistan amid Islamist threats after blasphemy acquittal
- Coca-Cola agrees to buy Costa Coffee chain for $5.1 billion
- GDPR Changes Buying Behavior and Mobile Usage Continues Rapid Growth, Smaato Research Shows
- Buy a bowl Sunday at Empty Bowls to fight hunger
- Former U.S. diplomat buys farm in Lisbon
- U.S. Has Highest Share of Foreign-Born Since 1910, With More Coming From Asia
- Asia rises as stimulus hopes lift Chinese stocks amid trade row
- East West Buys North Carolina Factory to Kick-Start U.S. Expansion
- World Linuron Market (covering USA, Europe, China, Japan, India, South East Asia) Research to 2023 Report
- World Dual Fuel Burner Market (Covering USA, Europe, China, Japan, India, South East Asia) Research to 2023
- World Abamectin Market to 2023 (covering USA, Europe, China, Japan, India, South East Asia and etc) Research Report
- World Population Health Management Market to 2023 (covering USA, Europe, China, Japan, India, South East Asia) Report
- World Blood Pressure Monitoring Devices Market (covering USA, Europe, China, Japan, India, South East Asia and etc)
- US Bombers in South China Sea Satisfy Southeast Asia by Needling China
- Mastercard teams up with ride-sharing app to issue prepaid cards in Southeast Asia
- Blasphemy case: Pakistan Supreme Court overturns Asia Bibi's death sentence
- IVF Services Market to 2025 – Key Players Sun Pharmaceutical, Labivf Asia, Nova Ivi Fertility etc Research Report
- Asia shares hobbled by trade strain, pound up on Brexit talk
Maxis buying MyKRIS Asia for RM157mil have 486 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.