The Central Bureau of Investigation has booked two more persons in separate cases for their alleged involvement in circulating child sexual abuse material through social media platforms.
The first accused has been identified as Dharani P. also known as Krishnamurthy, a resident of Vellore in Tamil Nadu. The agency found that he had been creating or downloading digital images and sharing them with others via two phone numbers and three email IDs since June 2020.
In another case, the CBI has registered a first information report against Kratarth Kanungo, a resident of Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh. He is reported to have created an Instagram account and circulated sexually explicit images of children since April last year.
The agency had recently instituted similar cases against two residents of Uttar Pradesh, identified as Manish Patel and Vishal Yadav. They allegedly sold the child pornographic material on the Internet.
In July, the CBI had arrested one person in Goa on the charge of sexually abusing children based on inputs received via the Interpol Victim Identification Task Force. The agency has also been receiving information from their counterparts in other countries for the identification and legal action against those involved.
About two years ago, the agency had set up a unit in Delhi for the prevention and investigation of online child sexual abuse and exploitation under the Special Crime Zone to probe such cases. Subsequently, several offenders have been arrested.
- Expats’ perspectives on child sexual abuse in Vietnam
- Son of Thorpe's former coach to face 61 charges of child sexual abuse at swim school
- Weeping woman, 30, screams 'I'm not a beast' from the dock as she is found guilty of sexually abusing two young children for more than two years starting when they were just five and three
- 'Dirty' Jess Glasgow refuses to resign as a politician over his 'creepy' comments to Angie Kent - because his colleague still has a job despite being accused of sexually abusing a 13-year-old girl
- 7 Indians linked to international child porn ring booked
- Alyssa Milano promotes book Hope: Project Middle School about a child who champions causes.... two years after her #MeToo sex abuse tweet
- Malaysians robbed of justice by jail death of British pedophile Huckle: child group
- NBC reporters tell bosses 'we deserve answers' as they vent fury at executive over how network handled allegation Matt Lauer raped junior producer in his hotel room during 2014 Olympics
- EXCLUSIVE: Ellen DeGeneres' stepsister slams her claim she was sexually assaulted by her stepfather and accuses the comedienne of only making the 'pathetic' allegation to 'sell a TV show'
- Bishop was aware of allegations against monk, inquiry hears
- Online groomers target vulnerable children: Expert
- Kmart predator who abducted girl, seven, from the store's toy aisle and sexually assaulted her issues sickening 'apology' letter after learning he could be out of jail in less than TWO years
- News24.com | New Zealand creates unit to target, 'disrupt' online extremism
- Elton John: Michael Jackson a ‘disturbing person to be around’
- Op P-Hunt: Police arrest 10 for spreading child porn
- EXCLUSIVE: Jeffrey Epstein's personal pilot poses in one of the $80M fleet of planes pedophile used to seduce underage girls as never-before-seen photos of the updated interior of Lolita Express jet are revealed
- EXCLUSIVE: Michael Jackson is 'child-like' with a 'deep sense of peace' in the afterlife 10 years after dying, DESPITE child molestation claims, says the Hollywood Medium
- Top Scots bishop knew of allegations against monk
- Ronan Farrow reveals extreme measures Weinstein took to bury alleged crimes
- ‘It’s an assembly line’: De-transitioned man says parents encouraging kids to become transgender are guilty of ‘child abuse’
CBI books two more persons for allegedly circulating child sexual abuse material online have 582 words, post on www.thehindu.com at October 20, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.