The Hollywood studio's " Jurassic Park " "Kung Fu Panda" and "Harry Potter" film franchises, plus Minions from "Despicable Me" feature prominently at Universal Studios Beijing on the Chinese capital’s eastern outskirts.
The opening went ahead despite coronavirus outbreaks in China's southeast that prompted the government to tighten travel controls in some areas.
"We've been longing for the opening for quite a while," said a visitor, Niu Haoxuan.
Visitors were required to wear masks and display a smartphone-based health code that shows whether they have been to regions deemed at high-risk of infection.
After a report of a possible case in Beijing last week, "we were very worried," said Zoe Shi. "We thought about whether we should still go. It turned out to be untrue in the end. We feel lucky."
Universal Studios Beijing is the Chinese capital’s first foreign-branded amusement park. It is the fifth worldwide for Universal Studios and the third in Asia, after Japan and Singapore. Universal Studios is part of NBCUniversal, a unit of Comcast Corp.
The park received high-profile support from the Beijing city government despite tension between the ruling Communist Party and Washington. The city extended a subway line and added a station named for the park.
- Universal Studios Hollywood - How to Make Your Visit More Enjoyable
- What's New at the Orlando Parks and Tourist Attractions?
- Christmas Events at Universal Orlando Florida 2008
- Orlando Water Parks Means Family Fun All Summer Long
- To Visit Orlando Theme Parks & Dinner Show Medieval Times
- Safeguard Your Computer - The 5 Step Plan
- College Student Retention - Success Secrets For College Students, Student Advisors & Deans
- Orlando, Florida Annual Beer Festival
- Halloween in Orlando Offers Tricks, Treats, and Terror
- To hire US graduates, Indian IT firms go straight to source
- Data localisation push may impact innovation: SAP
- Top 10 Attractions to Visit in LA
- The World's Five Worst Olympic Countries
- Vienna - World Capital of Music
- Disney Vacation Planning - How Much Time Will You Need?
- Florida Tourism - Birth & Growth
- The One Herb That Might Save Your Life
- New Harry Potter subscription service puts a spell on fans' wallets
- Thinking of Taking a Vacation? Hotel Or Villa?
- Dining Out in Orlando - From Budget to Fine Dining
Universal Studios opens Beijing park under anti-virus curbs have 434 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at September 20, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.