Finished plastic goods have a good export market and the proposed Plastic Park in Mangaluru is bound to enhance export from India, said S.R. Satheesha, MD, Visvesvaraya Trade Promotion Council (VTPC).
He was speaking at the exporters meet organised during the Vanijya Saptaha by the Union Ministry of Commerce and the District Industries Centre here. Mr. Satheesha said raw material for industries in the park has to come from MRPL and urged the Refinery to hasten supply modalities. Finished plastic goods have good market in China, he noted.
He said Dakshina Kannada district has huge potential for exports of marine produce, plastic products and cashew and VTPC would extend necessary guidance and help.
Mr. Satheesha said the overall Indian exports stood at $300 billion a year, which the government intends to enhance to at least $400 billion. That was the reason the government was organising Vanijya Saptaha in 100 districts across the country that were identified as potential export hubs. He said exports were important for many reasons, including increasing the foreign exchange reserve, creating employment.
Inaugurating the programme, Deputy Commissioner K.V. Rajendra said there was no dearth for entrepreneurship in DK but there were some shortcomings in the infrastructure front. Connectivity to Bengaluru would improve in a couple of years, he said adding the administration would extend all support to exporters.
Y.C.S. Swamy, Additional Commissioner of Customs, Mangaluru, said in the 90's, Indian Revenue Service officials did not want posting to Gujarat. However, in the last three decades, that State has emerged as an export hub. On the other hand, there was not much change in Mangaluru that was already known for exports. The coastal region has talented entrepreneurs; they have to take it as a challenge and increase exports, he said.
- China post-COVID export growth sets new record
- VIETNAM NEWS FEBRUARY 8
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEB. 25
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS MARCH 4
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS MARCH 5
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS MARCH 7
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS MARCH 16
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEBRUARY 8
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEBRUARY 10
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEBRUARY 11
- Growth in the shadow of a trade war
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEB. 18
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEB. 21
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEB. 24
- South Korea ruling party wins parliamentary majority amid COVID-19 pandemic
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEB. 26
- Commentary: Clean meat - the next big thing in Singapore’s push towards agriculture?
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS MARCH 2
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS MARCH 15
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS MARCH 17
‘Plastic Park will boost exports’ have 394 words, post on www.thehindu.com at September 26, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.