On Tuesday's "Sean Hannity Show," Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) argued that "the people who are most harmed by uncontrolled waves of illegal immigration are not the rich people, and they're not the people living in New York and other big metropolitan centers in America." Instead, "people who suffer most from them are poor, middle-class Americans, especially lower-income Americans who live on or near the U.S.-Mexico border."
Lee said, "You know what makes me sad, Sean, as someone who lived for two years on the U.S.-Mexico border as a young missionary thirty years ago? I can tell you that the people who are most directly impacted, the people who are most harmed by uncontrolled waves of illegal immigration are not the rich people, and they're not the people living in New York and other big metropolitan centers in America. They're — people who suffer most from them are poor, middle-class Americans, especially lower-income Americans who live on or near the U.S.-Mexico border. Every time they weaken these borders, it makes life difficult, makes the American Dream more unattainable for those people who are most vulnerable to that sort of thing, which is Americans, poor and middle class, especially on or near borders."
Follow Ian Hanchett on Twitter @IanHanchett
- PragerU: America Wants Legal Immigrants
- Full Transcript: Donald Trump's 2016 Republican National Convention Speech
- Leading GOP Candidates Square Off in CNN Debate
- The great London property squeeze
- Democrats Can Abandon the Center — Because the Center Doesn’t Exist
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Pass USMCA Coalition - Restrictive state abortion laws ignite fiery 2020 debate
- Boris’s Blundering Brilliance
- The strange modelling used to sell company tax cuts
- Narendra Modi and the new face of India
- Green Day: Best New Band
- Blue Labour – the big idea to get elected
- Egypt: bread shortages, hunger and unrest
- The Northland town where parents refuse immunisation, despite kids dying
- This year was marked by global unrest — and 2020 is likely to be worse
- Rohingya babies dumped and left to die in Myanmar crisis
- Italy: Seaside getaway turns into dumping ground for migrants
- Christmas book clinic special – our experts’ gift ideas
- Artists After the Escape: Chilean writer and director Antonio Skarmeta
- Comic Book Reviews for This Week: 12/11/2019
Mike Lee: Poor and Middle Class Suffer Most from Waves of Uncontrolled Illegal Immigration, Not the Rich have 372 words, post on www.breitbart.com at September 22, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.