The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi on Monday said it had set up a laboratory that will enable the measurement of electrical performance of devices and circuits that are used in equipment like mobile phones, space satellites, and quantum computers.
The lab it said will help researchers of IIT Delhi as well as researchers from other institutions who are conducting research in the area of integrated electronic circuits and devices.
The Advanced Electrical Characterization Laboratory was set up with an investment cost of ₹17 crore.
IIT Delhi Director V. Ramgopal Rao said the institution has significantly enhanced its research infrastructure in the last few years in the areas of Nanofabrication, materials characterisation, testing and prototype manufacturing.
He added that this electrical characterisation facility is a welcome addition to the existing facilities.
The laboratory in-charge, Abhisek Dixit, from the Electrical Engineering Department, IIT Delhi said the institute is now equipped to perform various types of electrical measurements on a wide variety of packaged and on-wafer devices in a broad range of temperatures from 4.2K to +300 deg. C with the highest levels of precision possible anywhere in the world.
- The Derale Fan Controller Can Save Your Electrical Wiring!
- A Shocking Story – Choosing Electrical Components For Your Truck
- Simple tech: Living with electric vehicles
- Driven: 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance Is Charged With Appeal
- Is China's electric NextEV faster than Tesla?
- Avoid the Top 10 Electrical Snafus
- Automotive Electrical Systems – Positive Energy
- 2014 Electrical Buyer’s Guide
- Choosing Electrical Components for Your Street Rod
- Diagnosing Electrical System Problems – No Shorts Allowed
- Muscle Car Electrical Tech Tips – Diagnose Those Musclecar – Electrical Gremlins
- Basic Electrical Relays – Turned On!
- Short Stories About Selecting Electrical Components
- DRIVEN: W205 Mercedes-Benz C350e plug-in hybrid – going it clean and green in this electric machine
- March 2013 Electrical Buyer’s Guide
- Painless Performance Wiring Harness Install – Project Get Shorty Wired Science – Tech
- The Electric Powered Hot Rod- Amped Up
- 10 Ways to Boost Website Performance
- Painless Wiring Kit – How to Harness Your Electrical System
- 2015 Electrical Guide
IIT-D sets up lab to measure electrical performance of devices and circuits have 317 words, post on www.thehindu.com at September 21, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.