Former Republican National Committee chairman Michael Steele said Thursday on MSNBC's "Deadline" that Americans needed to "unelect these bastards" while discussing Republicans standing by former President Donald Trump.
Steele said, "We just need to stop talking about these people as if this is somehow commonplace, normal, to even have that debate. No, we're not going to debate do we overthrow the government today, or do we go get coffee? No, we're not having that debate. So let's call out what Trump and his ilk are doing and continuing to stoke."
Anchor Nicolle Wallace said, "That is where we are. The last Republican president said that this president's supporters, to the degree, that they are radicalized to commit violence, are as grave a threat to the homeland. They are from the same foul stench of an ideology as the terrorist who is attacked us on 9/11. Why are we indulging the feelings of people like Kevin McCarthy and Congressman Gosar, who wants to have it both ways, who wants to be in bed with that same grave threat, and remain a member in good standing in Congress? Why aren't there sanctions for people who lay down with people who, in the words of the last Republican standard-bearer, represent the same grave threat to our homeland as the terrorists who attacked us on September 11th?"'
Steele said, "There are two forms of sanctions…One is an internal, and the other is an external."
He continued, "What we've seen in the internal sanction is that our leadership inside the GOP right now is more inclined to sanction those who stand for truth, like Kinzinger and Cheney, than those who are perpetuating the lie."
He added, "The external sanction is what we, the voters do, what we, the people do. You unelect these bastards! That's what you do. You don't give them another shot, another bite at the apple, another strike at the gold ring of Congress."
Follow Pam Key on Twitter @pamkeyNEN
- Former RNC Chair Michael Steele Joins Pro-Biden Republican Group Lincoln Project
- Ex-RNC chair Michael Steele officially endorses Biden
- Former Republican National Committee Chair Endorses Joe Biden For President
- Trump’s Right-Hand Troll
- RNC 2020 Day 1: GOP formally nominates Trump to 2nd term
- Biden Endorsed By Three Former RNC Communications Directors, Asian GOP
- Here's every GOP candidate Giants owner Charles Johnson donated to
- Trump's influence looms as GOP looks to recapture Congress in 2022
- 3 key takeaways from Friday's CPAC event: Speakers stand behind Trump
- These Are The Republicans Who Endorsed Joe Biden For President
- China Outsourcing Complicates Jane Timken’s Senate Bid in Ohio
- Nearly 600 prominent Republicans voting for Joe Biden
- The DNC's road from 'on the ropes' to securing a Democrat in the White House
- These Are The Republicans Who Have Acknowledged Biden’s Victory
Fmr RNC Chair Steele on GOP Standing by Trump: 'Unelect These Bastards!' have 482 words, post on www.breitbart.com at September 17, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.