PETALING JAYA: All states in Malaysia recorded a Covid-19 infectivity rate (Rt) of below 1.0, except Pahang with a value of 1.01.
Nevertheless, Pahang's current Rt value is a drop from 1.05 recorded in the state a day before.
"The nation's Rt value is currently at 0.90," said Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah yesterday.
Perlis and Terengganu each had the second highest Rt value at 0.99, followed by Perak, Putrajaya and Johor which each had a reading of 0.98.
Selangor and Negri Sembilan's infectivity rates are each at 0.87 while Kuala Lumpur and Kedah each recorded a value of 0.85.
The Rt value refers to the average number of people that a person who has the coronavirus, has infected.
There were 13,899 new cases yesterday.
About 98.5% of them comprised patients who are in Categories 1 and 2.
Dr Noor Hisham said 475 Covid-19 cases between Sept 13 and 25 were found to be involving the Delta and Beta variants.
Almost all of them (472 cases) involved the Delta variant, while three comprised the Beta strain.
"Sarawak had the bulk of these cases involving variants of concern (VOC), recording 302 cases with the Delta variant. This was followed by Selangor which recorded 54 cases with Delta," he said.
Two cases of the Beta variant were detected in Sabah, while one case was found in Penang.
"With the latest number, this brings the cumulative number of cases involving VOC and variants of interest (VOI) in the country to 1,860.
"Of the total, 1,840 are from VOC while 20 are involving VOI," Dr Noor Hisham said.
He said the Delta variant tops the list with the most cases (1,612), followed by Beta (214) and Alpha (14).
- Bronx hospitals clean up their act to lower infection rates in ICU
- THE ISSUE IS GERM-ANE. Big N.Y. med centers have high infect rates
- The dirt on N.Y. hospitals. Infection rates high at 11 facilities
- Truvada shows 44% reduction in HIV infection rate amongst men: study
- Huge boost in turnout for free swine flu vaccination, though New York's infection rate low
- National unemployment rate hits 5 percent
- New HIV infections in city 3 times national rate
- ICU patients at Harlem's North General Hospital 4 times more likely to get deadly infection: report
- Interactive online map compiles HIV data by county, finds highest rate in South
- In a Poor Kenyan Community, Cheap Antibiotics Fuel Deadly Drug-Resistant Infections
- Disneyland measles outbreak linked to low vaccine rate
- Germ warfare: State Health Dept. finally tackles hospital-acquired infections
- Michael Steele, the first black Republican Party national chairman, tries to mend NAACP-GOP fences
- Super-fungus which infects lungs accidentally released and it’s already in YOUR garden
- Poverty rates in Arizona still among nation’s highest
- 19th hole: Augusta National Women's Amateur was symbolic, but symbolism matters
- New plunge in mortgage rates could save borrowers thousands of dollars
- America's out-of-control cop kill rate
- ANWA highest-rated women's golf telecast since 2016 U.S. Open
- World Series ratings tank on Fox without Yankees in the mix
Except for Pahang, nation’s infectivity rate below 1.0 have 471 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at September 26, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.