Dalitha Vimukthi State convener Surla Venkataramana has demanded the arrest of Chandaka Sai Krishna, Adakula Trinadh, Darapu Ramesh and others, who he alleged are responsible for the destruction and disappearance of the statue of B.R. Ambedkar, at Chinamushidiwada, in the city.
A rally was taken out, under the aegis of Dalitha Vimukthi, from the Ambedkar statue near the LIC Junction to the Collectorate on Monday and later a memorandum was submitted to the Collector.
Mr. Venkataramana said that when residents of nearby Ambedkar Nagar questioned the levelling of the area with an excavator, the accused persons, who were present on the spot, walked away.
The Pendurthi police had picked up the driver of the excavator for questioning, on a complaint by the local people. He alleged that the police had booked the accused under petty cases and diverted the issue.
The accused were not arrested even after 17 days after the incident had occurred. The damaged statue has also not been found to this day.
Dalitha Hakkula Samakhya president Kottapalli Venkataramana said that the colony residents have been paying tributes to the statue on various occasions for the past 15 years. The statue was erected in government land and the GVMC authorities had even provided a borewell.
Progressive Organisation of Women (POW) State general secretary M. Lakshmi and Murikivadala Nivasula Sankshema Sangham president K. Ravi and HRF leader V.S. Krishna were among those who participated.
- 24-year-old youth arrested in auto driver murder case
- Minor gangrape case: Pune Police to seek appointment of special public prosecutor, case to be tried in fast-track court
- Elgar case: What NIA draft charges submitted in court say, against whom
- Ambani terror scare: NIA seeks custody of Waze, Mane
- Accused falls to death in court complex
- Does paying protestors make an offence under UAPA: Northeast Delhi riots accused in court
- Allahabad High Court to Hear Gayatri Prajapati Bail Case on May 26
- Dalit protests turn violent during Bharat bandh, 9 dead
- Bhima Koregaon accused languishing in jail for 3 years
- 5 booked for rape of minor Dalit girl near Belagavi
- Only a Dalit will succeed me as BSP chief: Mayawati
- Priest, 3 Others Chargesheeted in Minor Dalit Girl's 'Gangrape and Murder' in Delhi
- Chris Brown Sues Rape Accuser for Defamation, Seeking Criminal Charges
- Pop star Kris Wu formally arrested in China on suspicion of rape
- Chinese prosecutors drop sexual assault case against former Alibaba employee
- Self-immolation Outside Supreme Court: Retired IPS Officer Amitabh Thakur Arrested
- Filmmakers Still Seek Lessons From a Case That Rocked a City
- Mysuru gangrape case: Area deserted, couple ‘should not have’ visited, says Home Minister Araga Jnanendra
- Drug case against Rhea Chakraborty: Backbone of evidence can still be contested
- Mysuru Rape Case: Actress Pranitha Calls The Incident Shocking And Condemnable, Seeks Justice For Victim
Dalits seek arrest of accused in Ambedkar statue desecration case have 440 words, post on www.thehindu.com at September 21, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.