Kolkata, Sep 9: The West Bengal government has decided to revise the family pension of its employees and raise the monthly income ceiling from Rs 3,600 to Rs 9,000. The move comes in the wake of recommendations by the 6th Pay Commission. The question of raising the Income ceiling of mother/father and unmarried/widowed/divorced daughter beyond 25 years has been under consideration of the government for sometime past.
"After careful consideration of the matter, the Governor has decided that the Income ceiling for entitlement of such family pension be raised to Rs 9,000 per month. This will take immediate effect,” an official order said. Prior to 2006, widows, unmarried and divorced women were not entitled to family pension after the death of government employees.
Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor
- Visva Bharti asks Bengal govt to measure Amartya Sen’s Santiniketan plot
- Netaji’s birth anniversary turns into tug of war between Centre and Bengal govt.
- 7th Pay Commission: DA for CG employees likely to be restored this month
- Police arrest three BJP workers for raising 'goli maro' slogan in West Bengal
- West Bengal accident: 14 members of marriage party killed, PM announces Rs 2 lakh ex gratia
- BJP is instilling hatred in Bengal by communal speeches: TMC
- Kerala Budget: LDF govt makes hefty allocations for higher education, employment, and digital economy; check details
- 7th Pay Commission: CG employees could expect a double bonanza soon
- Govt. actively working on reducing age limit for pension: Dayakar Rao
- Five Reasons Why Patriots’ Penalty For Bengals Video Incident Is Completely Ridiculous
- Govt must protect KSRTC: Chandy
- How to boost your pension by £1000s and stop the coronavirus crisis from delaying retirement
- Stalin to participate in govt. staff association meeting
- Pongal 2021: Happy Pongal Wishes, Quotes, Messages For Friends, Family, WhatsApp Status
- West Bengal: Major accident in Jalpaiguri kills six women, four children
- West Bengal Elections 2021: BJP to hold Paribartan Yatras
- T.N. had best govt. transport facilities, says Minister
- Govt. treading cautiously in finalizing budget
- Mamata announces she will fight Bengal polls from Nandigram
- Govt declares Netaji Bose's birth anniversary as 'Parakram Diwas'
Bengal Govt Revises Family Pension Of Employees have 356 words, post on www.news18.com at September 10, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.