SAN DIEGO: The U.S. Navy said Thursday that it's charged a sailor with starting a fire last year that destroyed a warship docked off San Diego.
The amphibious assault ship called the USS Bonhomme Richard burned for more than four days and was the Navys worst U.S. warship fire outside of combat in recent memory.
The ship was left with extensive structural, electrical and mechanical damage and was later scrapped.
The sailor was a member of the crew at the time.
Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor
- China slams US warship for 'provocative' transit through South China Sea, calling it 'maritime hegemony'
- Navy Will Require Degrees For Senior Chief Petty Officers
- Sailors, Horses & Belief
- Acting As a Profession - Proper Set Behavior For Principle and Extra Actors
- If You Don't Take Charge of Your Life, Someone Else Will
- What Do I Need to Set Up a Successful Concrete Mold Business and Make Huge Profits?
- America's First Pirate Buster
- The Naval War of Benedict Arnold
- America's Flying Aircraft Carriers
- Review of Venus Rising
- Operation Highjump - Longhaul Nazi UFO's in Antarctica
- Bible Insights Into President Obama's Order to Kill the Somalian Pirates - And the Death Penalty
- Supervision Gone Bad - 7 Deadly Deal Breakers
- The Ironclad Pirate
- Our Armed Forces
- The Battle of Okinawa
- Ship-hijacking at Somalia - Industry's Action and Reaction
- Nautical Fashion - Work the Trend Without Going Overboard
- What Kind of Life Could a Military Family Experience in Iceland?
- Newfoundland Travel - Avalon Peninsula
Navy Charges Sailor With Setting Fire That Destroyed Warship have 263 words, post on www.news18.com at July 30, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.