Covid-19 vaccination tours to U.S. postponed
The Saigon Times
|Tourists are seen at the Tan Son Nhat International Airport in HCMC. Tours to the United States for Covid-19 vaccinations will not be organized this year – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – Travel firms will suspend advertisements for their tour packages for Vietnamese citizens to the United States inclusive of Covid-19 vaccinations and will not organize the tours this year.
At a meeting between the HCMC Department of Tourism and companies introducing the tours on May 24, due to the potential impacts of these tours, the companies agreed to wait until early next year to keep a close watch on the developments of the pandemic and prevent any potential impact on customers, the local media reported.
They will make more careful preparations to ensure return air tickets and health insurance for customers.
All companies introducing the tours are in HCMC. Therefore, the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism had asked the HCMC Department of Tourism to work with these tour organizers.
According to travel firms, they launched the tours to survey the market and demands from customers.
Earlier, a representative of the Travel Department under the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism said tours inclusive of medical checkups, treatment and vaccinations were not new.
However, during the current Covid-19 resurgence, the tours to the United States for Covid-19 vaccinations will pose a high risk. If they are not well organized, conflicts between tour operators and customers may occur.
In addition, the developments of the pandemic are unpredictable, which has led to a series of changes with regard to travel and entry and exit conditions. Therefore, the department did not support the tours in the current context because they are not suitable and may cause unwanted risks to customers and the companies.
A representative of Hoan My Travel Company, which was set to organize tours to the United States, said the company also realized the shortcomings and possible incidents that could occur during the tours, so it was going to put them on hold.
Meanwhile, one of Vietravel's current top priorities is to comply with the Government's requirements on pandemic prevention and control and regulations of the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism.
A Vietravel representative said specific plans for the tours must be worked out and management agencies, such as the national steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control must be consulted.
- Coronavirus wrap August 17 | Bihar extends COVID-19 lockdown; New Zealand postpones elections
- Coronavirus live updates: California becomes first state to exceed 600,000 cases
- Bay Briefing: Vaccine volunteers in Bay Area join major coronavirus trials
- Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area enters crucial trial phase for 2 promising vaccines
- Nazmul Hassan says Bangladesh are 'okay' to tour but home games 'too risky'
- Nazmul unsure about BPL in December even if vaccine arrives
- Coronavirus live updates: 3 Bay Area counties seek waivers allowing grade school kids back in classrooms
- Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area gears up for weekend collision of scorching heat, pandemic misbehavior
- Coronavirus live updates: Tensions boil over as Lake Tahoe residents bristle at tourist overload
- Coronavirus live updates: Air regulators issue health advisory due to wildfire smoke
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: August 13-14
- Don’t stand so close: how live music has changed its tune in lockdown
- Coronavirus reinfections confirmed in the Netherlands, Belgium
- Coronavirus live updates: Weekly jobless claims drop below 1 million
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: August 11-12
Covid-19 vaccination tours to U.S. postponed have 556 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at May 25, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.