State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi’s upcoming visit to the Middle East shows the high importance the Chinese side attaches to developing relations and deepening mutual-beneficial cooperation with the region, Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying said.
Hua made the remarks as Wang is about to kick off a six-nation tour, which will bring him to Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Iran, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Oman, starting Wednesday.
During the week-long tour, Wang will conduct in-depth strategic communications with his counterparts and promote the delivery of the important consensus reached by President Xi Jinping and leaders of those countries, according to Hua.
She said as the Middle East is plagued by the ramping up of the virus and continuing turbulence, the countries in the region are looking forward to deepening cooperation with China in fighting against COVID-19, developing the economy and exchanging experiences in governance.
It is also their shared aspiration to see China play a bigger role in regional affairs.
Hua said China would advance the joint building of a high-quality Belt and Road Initiative and seek mutual beneficial and win-win cooperation by aligning building the new development paradigm with major development strategies of regional countries.
At the same time, Wang would exchange views with his counterparts on regional issues, hotspot issues in particular, in a bid to contribute China’s wisdom for peace in the Middle East, the spokeswoman added.
- Marriott International expects to add nearly 20 properties under its Middle East and Africa Portfolio in 2019
- Middle East Consumer Electronics Market 2019 Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast to 2024
- Vivakor Announces Successful Testing of Additional Extraction Solvent in Middle East
- Jared Kushner's Middle East Peace Plan Panned by Former European Leaders Before It's Even Released
- What 2,400 Marines and sailors did during an eight-month deployment to the Middle East
- ARVR & Ai in Classroom: Middle East's Largest VR Education Program Launched for Public Schools
- American Friends of Rambam host Mark Langfan, Middle East crisis expert
- Uber buys rival Careem in $3.1 billion deal to dominate ride-hailing in Middle East
- In Golan Heights, Trump Bolsters Netanyahu but Risks Roiling Middle East
- In Golan Heights, Trump Bolsters Israel’s Netanyahu but Risks Roiling Middle East
- Trump's right about Afghanistan and the Middle East – 'Everybody’s tired' of America's endless wars
- Retiring Gen. Joseph Votel recalls challenges of CentCom, the Middle East
- Exclusive: Exxon eyes Israel gas bid in major Middle East shift
- Saudi Arabia ‘Made a Mockery’ of the U.S. After Trump’s Visit, and Jared Kushner ‘Got Played,’ Author Says
- Iran FM visits Lebanon, offers support for new government
- Palestinians condemn Brazil’s Jair Bolsonaro for Western Wall visit and call for Arab reprisals
- Pope caps visit to Arabian Peninsula with historic Mass
- Import.io Expands into UK to Meet Growing Demand for Web Data Integration Services from European Companies
- JAGGAER Hits Milestone of Most Highly Adopted Spend Management Solution in North American Higher Education
- Ahead of Saudi visit, China seeks 'deeper trust' with Iran
FM Wang's Middle East visit marks high importance of region have 480 words, post on www.chinadaily.com.cn at March 23, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.