A Wellington youth has not denied the charges of possession of a firearm and possession of ammunition after Wellington High School was locked down in November after police said a threat was received.
The 16-year-old has been appearing in the Youth Court where not denying the charge is the same as pleading guilty in an adult court.
A family group conference is now to be planned before the case comes back before Chief Youth Court Judge John Walker for resolution.
Police had been considering whether further charges would be laid, however it was confirmed on Friday that there would be no more charges to come.
READ MORE:Youth Court appearance after Wellington High School lockdownOne person appears in youth court after Wellington High School lockdown Wellington High School locked down after ‘credible threat’ of attack
The youth has been on bail and subject to monitoring appearances once a week. He has not breached bail since his release from youth custody before Christmas.
The school lockdown lasted about an hour from about 8.30am on November 26 after police said there appeared to be a ‘credible threat’ on social media.
- New York man charged with possession of homemade explosives
- Brick schools placed on lockdown when man was seen with fake gun, cops say
- Coast Guard Officer Called a ‘Domestic Terrorist’ Pleads Guilty to Gun and Drug Charges
- Rapper T.I. pleads guilty on federal weapons charges
- Ricin suspect charged
- Man at center of Las Vegas ricin case arrested, charged
- Father of Marysville-Pilchuck High School shooter illegally purchased gun used in deadly attack: prosecutors
- Cedarburg-Grafton-Mequon police reports: Mail complaint leads to drug charges
- Pa. mom charged with buying son guns
- Atlantic City mayor admits theft from youth basketball team
- Zionsville middle school teacher admits to child solicitation
- Reporter arrested after carrying gun onto school grounds
- She Was Raped by a Classmate. She Still Had to Go to School With Him.
- Teens charged in Howard Beach Halloween hate crime
- REAL, FAKE GUNS IN 3 INCIDENTS AT CITY SCHOOLS
- SC sheriff: No pot charge for swimmer Michael Phelps stemming from marijuana pipe photo
- Fern Creek shooting brings school safety review
- Naked man wanders outside Alabama middle school, prompts school-wide lockdown
- Father of Marysville-Pilchuck High School shooter pleads not guilty to gun charge
- Officer fired shots at man who pointed weapon at a JCPS elementary school, police say
Youth admits charge of firearm possession after school lockdown have 379 words, post on www.stuff.co.nz at January 22, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.