Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives pushed ahead Sunday to impeach Donald Trump in the waning days of his presidency, contending he should be held accountable for last Wednesday’s mayhem that left five people dead at the U.S. Capitol as a mob of Trump supporters stormed past police into the building. No final decision has been made, but House Speaker Nancy Pelosi could introduce an impeachment resolution on Monday accusing Trump of inciting an insurrection in a futile effort to block Congress from certifying the Electoral College vote in favor of President-elect Joe Biden. Biden has taken a hands-off stance on the impeachment move against the outgoing president who has yet to concede the election, even though Trump has acknowledged there will be a “new administration” in Washington come January 20. “In 10 days, we move forward and rebuild — together,” Biden said Sunday on Twitter. In 10 days, we move forward and rebuild — together.— Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) January 10, 2021 One of Pelosi’s top congressional lieutenants, Congressman Jim Clyburn of South Carolina, told the “Fox News Sunday” show that the House could vote on impeachment within days even though Trump’s four-year presidency ends next week with… Read full this story
- Democrats Said Trump’s Lawyers Made A Great Case — For Calling Witnesses And Documents
- Pelosi on Trump impeachment inquiry: 'No idea how long this will take'
- Matt Mowers: ‘Despicable’ Democrat Chris Pappas Let Small Business Relief Run Out
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Trump gives governors guidelines to reopen states
- Trump's Lawyers Said Presidents Can Accept Foreign Dirt On Opponents As Senators Asked Questions In The Impeachment Trial
- Live from her kitchen, Pelosi works to counter Trump's coronavirus show
- Third taskforce lucky! Donald Trump invites members of Congress to join ANOTHER White House brain trust - after calls with CEOs turned into a 's**t show' and they told him testing comes ahead of reopening the country
- How the GOP hopes to overcome steep odds in House battle
- Trump support for protests threatens to undermine social distancing rules
- Trump calls Pelosi a ‘disgrace’ to her family over ‘prison’ comments
US House Democrats Push for Trump's Impeachment have 340 words, post on www.voanews.com at January 10, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.