Holly Willoughby missed a second day of This Morning on Tuesday, as Rochelle Humes once again stepped in to replace her leaving fans baffled.
Holly, 39, left viewers irked on Monday when Phillip Schofield announced she would be missing the show to spend an ‘extra few days with the family’ – with a source telling Mailonline it was always her intention to return on Wednesday.
Making light of Holly’s absence, a jovial Phillip remarked: ‘Holly’s not here today, she’s just about to wrap up her singing commitments with The Masked Singer, the badger who would have thought?’
Missed: Holly Willoughby missed a second day of This Morning on Tuesday, as Rochelle Humes once again stepped in to replace her leaving fans baffled
Rochelle said: ‘You’re naughty. Are we just going to …’
Phil joked: ‘I’m leaving it at that. Of course I am. I don’t want to give the game away. I don’t want to spoil the surprise.’ before adding that Holly was ‘back tomorrow.’
Fans of the show were left baffled at Holly’s continued no-show and took to Twitter to vent their frustration.
One fan wrote: ‘Where’s Holly this time then?’ while another added: ‘Where was Holly this morning?’
Lol: Making light of Holly’s absence, a jovial Phillip remarked: ‘Holly’s not here today, she’s just about to wrap up her singing commitments with The Masked Singer, the badger who would have thought?’
Go faux like Rochelle in brown leather trousers from Only
Only faux leather trousers in brown
Now reduced to £17.30!
Rochelle Humes has been stepping in for Holly Willoughby on This Morning this week, and we’re loving her outfit choices.
Yesterday she rocked an olive green wrap dress by Pretty Lavish, and today she went for earthy tones of khaki and brown. Bravo to stylist Amber Jackson!
Her knitted top is from Topshop, and those snakeskin mules are Ego, but it’s the faux leather trousers that really caught our attention this time. They’re from Only and are available to buy for just over £17 at Asos (click right). They look much more expensive, don’t you think? The kick flare shape is super flattering and they’re a quick and easy way to refresh your wardrobe for the New Year.
Or for more options, check out the similar styles in our edit below. From a leather-look bargain at Zara to real leather trousers by Frame, there’s something for everyone.
* PRICES MAY NOT BE AS ADVERTISED
A third typed: ‘Where’s Holly again?’ while another wrote: ‘Ffs! Where’s Holly.’
The presenter who has enjoyed a three week break over the festive period, had decided to take more time off to look after her three children; Harry, 11, Belle, nine and Chester, six.
Rochelle , 31, who welcomed her son Blake in October, made her return to the show as she filled in for Holly.
Phillip opened the show with: ‘Happy New Year, welcome to our first This Morning of 2021.
She’s back tomorrow: Phil joked: ‘I’m leaving it at that. Of course I am. I don’t want to give the game away. I don’t want to spoil the surprise’
‘Holly is spending a couple of extra days with the family so Rochelle is here, so lovely to see you.’
Rochelle replied: ‘Lovely to see you.’
A source close to Holly said: ‘Holly’s absence is not Covid related.
‘It was always the intention for Holly to start This Morning on Wednesday.
‘The reason why she hasn’t joined Phil in the studio today is because she couldn’t get childcare last minute when asked to push her start date forward.’
Childcare: Holly, 39, left viewers irked on Monday when Phillip Schofield announced she would be missing the show to spend an ‘extra few days with the family’
Where is she? Fans of the show were left baffled at Holly’s continued no-show and took to Twitter to vent their frustration
However fans of This Morning took to Twitter to highlight their frustration at Holly deciding to take more days off because she had a lengthy break over Christmas and New Years.
One wrote: ‘Why does Holly Willoughby need an ‘extra couple of days with the family’ she’s had two weeks’.
Another viewer added: ‘Are you for real? @hollywills is have a few extra days off just like that? She has just had three weeks off for Christmas. Honestly these high paid so called celebrities need to live in the real word.’
A third chimed: ‘Rochelle had a baby about a month ago and still steps in when lazy (or self isolating from her holiday) Holly Willoughby can’t be bothered to come in!! And people may dislike Phil but at least he TURNS UP for work!!!’
‘Is it needed?’: On Monday fans of This Morning took to Twitter to highlight their frustration at Holly deciding to take more days off because she had a lengthy festive break
‘Is three weeks holiday over Christmas and New Year not enough for you lass?’, wrote another fan of the show.
A different viewer typed: ‘@hollywills missing you on @thismorning’.
Holly, like many parents, faces homeschooling her youngest children after all schools in London closed along with the majority of Covid-19 hotspots in Essex, Kent, East Sussex, Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire after a Department for Education diktat last week.
Britain on Monday recorded a further 54,990 coronavirus cases in 24 hours – marking the sixth day in a row that daily infections exceeded 50,000.
There is growing rumours that the Government will soon cave in and close all schools in another U-turn for Education Secretary Gavin Williamson as the NEU union said that 6,000 primary schools still open have been told formally by staff that it is ‘unsafe’ to come into work.
Looking after her children: It comes after the government confirmed all primary schools in London will remain closed for the start of the new term in the fight against coronavirus
- Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield in stitches over TENA Lady joke
- This Morning's Holly Willoughby And Phillip Schofield Film 'Coronation Street' Cameo
- Holly Willoughby And Phillip Schofield To Appear In ‘Coronation Street’ As Part Of Rosie Webster’s Exit Storyline
- Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield are making a cameo in Corrie
- Dundee mum who starred on This Morning reveals that break-up inspired Phillip Schofield ‘date’
- Where does Holly Willoughby’s outfit come from today? This Morning host’s Teatum Jones skirt and Temperley London top revealed
- Holly Willoughby opens up about THAT saucy underwear ad for the first time and admits she’s proud of her early modelling shots
- Phillip Schofield poses NUDE to trim a bush as he joins in on Naked Gardening Day
- This Morning fans horrified over pony who suffered shocking acid attack
- Holly Willoughby poses in lacy black lingerie as she gears up to launch new brand Truly
- Holly Willoughby looks blooming lovely in a patterned dress as she poses with Phillip Schofield at the Chelsea Flower Show
- Phillip Schofield gobsmacked when his superfan confesses she’ll be wearing incontinence pads for their ‘first date’
- Where does Holly Willoughby’s outfit today come from? This Morning host’s green Label Mix dress and Office shoes revealed
- Holly Willoughby accuses Keith lemon of ‘pulling the plug’ after fake window view turns black on This Morning
- Where does Holly Willoughby’s outfit come from today? This Morning host’s denim top and printed skirt revealed
- Holly Willoughby flashes her slender legs in stunning £355 dress for This Morning Live but fans are devastated at the price tag
- Emotional Holly Willoughby holds back tears after caller reveals how her young son walked her down the aisle after her dad died
- This Morning fans shocked as woman with four partners says she's 'old fashioned'
- Holly Willoughby tells Phil it 'killed her' to see him with another woman
- Holly Willoughby reveals plans to wear her wedding dress on Saturday
This Morning fans are left baffled as Holly Willoughby is absent from the show AGAIN and Phillip Schofield jokes she's on The Masked Singer have 1443 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 5, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.