Ratatouille: The TikTok Musical, a virtual Broadway performance that has come together through the power of social media, has raised more than $1 million in premiere night ticket sales to benefit The Actors Fund.
“I am thrilled that we’ve begun the New Year with this seismic event that is clearly providing so much joy. Our gratitude goes to the producers, creators, performers and everyone in the TikTok community who came together to make it all happen so wonderfully,” said The Actors Fund President and CEO Joseph P. Benincasa.
What first started as a viral TikTok about a musical adaptation of the beloved Disney-Pixar title became a full-fledged production complete with Hollywood stars. Taking inspiration from the 2007 animated flick, the crowdsourced TikTok musical follows an ambitious and culinarily savvy rat as he uses a hopeless chef to make his mark in the cooking world.
Ratatouille: The TikTok Musical premiered on Friday, New Year’s Day, and will continue to stream until Monday. Reaching an audience of more than 200 million fans world wide, Ratatouille: The TikTok Musical featured TikTok creators performing alongside the likes of Titus Burgess, Wayne Brady, Adam Lambert, Ashley Park and more.
Audiences can snag tickets to the the social media production here.
- ‘Ratatouille,’ the Musical: How This TikTok Creation Came Together
- Arjun Kapoor joins Dua Lipa, Jason Derulo to raise coronavirus COVID-19 funds
- Seth Rogen Responds to Viral TikTok Video That Questions If He's Been Kidnapped - E! Online
- Josh, Moj, Mitron, and More: Five Popular Made-in-India TikTok Alternatives
- COVID-19 crisis: Jennifer Aniston, Hugh Jackman and Shawn Mendes among Hollywood celebrities that raised funds for India
- Share scheme to fund Gloucester Warwickshire Steam Railways extension
- ShareChat Raises $145 Million From Temasek, Others at Near $3-Billion Valuation
- Donald Trump | TikTok Deal: As Donald Trump's deadline looms, scramble on TikTok deal structure
- TikTok star Timbo the Redneck dies in tragic accident, mother reveals
- Trump’s Attacks on TikTok and WeChat Could Further Fracture the Internet
- I Know A Woman Music Collective Provides Home For Female Creatives
- Powderfinger's virtual reunion gig raises $450,000
- Superhuman Raises $75 Million For Its Waitlist-Only Email Productivity App
- Why America Is Afraid of TikTok
- Covid-19: St Paul's Cathedral awarded £2.1m funding by government
- Dolly Parton Telethon Raises Millions for Tennessee Wildfires Victims
- Will concerts come back in 2021? And other music stories to look out for
- Rapper Lil Nas X Raising Money for The Bail Project with 'Industry Baby' Music Video
- Rapper Lil Nas X Raises Money for Criminals with Nude Prison Music Video
- Elton John hosts coronavirus benefit gig from his living room and is joined by Lizzo and Mariah Carey
‘Ratatouille: The TikTok Musical’ Raises More Than $1M To Benefit The Actors Fund have 414 words, post on deadline.com at January 2, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.