The NSW Cyber Security Standards Harmonisation Taskforce has handed down a bunch of recommendations that ask for industry and government to consider if they want to move forward by being protected harmoniously. The recommendations made in the taskforce’s report [PDF] cover seven themes: Cloud as a “digital backbone”, defence, education, the energy sector, financial services, health, and telecommunications and the Internet of Things (IoT). When moving workloads to the cloud, the taskforce wants ISO or IEC standards followed as baseline requirements for information security, protective security, and supply chain security and risk management. With the Australian Signals Directorate announcing in March it would be shuttering the current form of its cloud certification program, the taskforce has suggested that Australian governments, in relation to any new proposed cloud security requirements for services up to, and including, protected level, should consider a combination of compliance with ISO/IEC 27001, SOC 2, and potentially FedRAMP2 as part of a uniform security baseline. Read more: Commonwealth entities left to self-assess security in cloud procurement It also wants Standards Australia to work with government and industry to develop material, such as a handbook, on how to adopt globally recognised standards. In addition, the taskforce is asking… Read full this story
- Super Surfing Safari: Discover Australia’s Best Surfing Beaches
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V 16.2 MP Digital Still Camera
- Especially, you can enjoy Asian traditional and European cuisine at The L’Oasis wide restaurant.
- X-rays 'fail to reliably detect' lung disease in stone workers: radiologists
- Pound slips as Brexit deal hopes cool — live updates
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 14
- UQ course on 'understanding China' established with Chinese government funding
- The Great Ashes Series
- Can you Brexit-proof your investment portfolio?
- Huawei ban: Full timeline as Trump is reportedly ready to approve sales to the Chinese company
NSW taskforce wants Australia-wide cyber standards harmony have 290 words, post on www.zdnet.com at January 29, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.