Authorities in central California were searching Sunday for six inmates who used a “homemade rope” to escape from a county jail, sheriff’s officials said. All six escapees should be considered armed and dangerous, the Merced County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release. Staff at Merced County Downtown Jail noticed late Saturday that the six inmates were missing, the release said.”A preliminary investigation has determined that the inmates were able to gain access to the roof of the facility and utilize a homemade rope to scale down the side of the jail,” the sheriff’s office said.Anyone who spots the fugitives is asked not to approach them and immediately call 911.All but one of the suspects are charged with violent felonies, including murder.They were identified as Jorge Barron, 20, of Atwater, California; Gabriel Francis Coronado, 19, of Atwater; Manuel Allen Leon, 21, of Vallejo, California; Andres Nunez Rodriguez Jr., 21 of Planada, California; Fabian Cruz Roman, 22 of Los Banos, California; and Edgar Eduardo Ventura, 22 of Portland, Oregon.Roman is facing a murder charge. Coronado and Rodriguez Jr. face charges including attempted murder, shooting at an inhabited dwelling, participation in a criminal street gang and being a felon in possession of… Read full this story
- Teen Accused of Killing His Mom Escapes California Jail
- Bank robber who used bedsheet rope to exit 17th-story prison cell gets 41 months for escape
- Inmate's 17th-story bedsheet-rope escape shows he should get 20 years for bank robbery, judge says
- New Evidence In California Jail Snitch Scandal Raises Questions About State, Federal Probes
- Inmates Use Rope to Rappel Down Jail In Elaborate Scheme
- DNA Genealogy Nabs Another Cold Case Murder Suspect in Calif.
- Who is David Norris? Stephen Lawrence murderer who killed black teen and was given legal aid
- ACLU Accuses Sheriff, Top Prosecutor Of Rampant Misconduct In California's Orange County
- Court rejects Brown’s clemency orders for 3 more California killers
- Court rejects Jerry Brown’s clemency orders for 3 more California killers
Murder suspect, 5 other inmates use "homemade rope" to escape from California jail have 317 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at January 11, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.