CONTRA COSTA COUNTY (CBS SF) — A man was shot to death while inside a car in the Tara Hills community in west Contra Costa County, authorities said. The Contra Costa County Sheriff’s Office said deputies responded on Sunday at around 12:40 p.m. to reports of shots fired at the Hilltop Commons apartment complex at San Pablo Ave. and Crestwood Dr. just north of Richmond Parkway. The deputies found a man inside a vehicle who appeared to have been shot and began life-saving measures on him until medics arrived, However, the victim was pronounced dead at the scene. He was identified as 30-year-old Charles Johnson of San Francisco. An autopsy on Monday morning determined the cause of death to be multiple gunshot wounds, the sheriff’s office said. Anyone with any information on this incident was asked to contact the Sheriff’s Office Investigation Division at (925) 313-2600 or through Sheriff’s Office dispatch at (925) 646-2441. For any tips, email: [email protected] or call (866) 846-3592 to leave an anonymous voice message.
- Black Lives Matter protests: Two shot dead in Kenosha as police clash with demonstrators
- Two kids, 5 and 8, found mom’s lifeless body after she was ‘shot dead by boyfriend’
- SCU Lightning Complex: Families Forced To Flee Near Morgan Hill; Firefighters On Lookout For Lightning Strikes
- 'I've just killed somebody': Two dead, one injured on the streets of Kenosha as dramatic videos capture gunman shooting at BLM protesters during clashes with militias guarding gas stations after wave of looting
- Coronavirus live updates: California ‘stabilizing,’ counties are ‘doing things really well,’ top official says
- Coronavirus live updates: Marin County reports some flattening of the curve
- California Fire Map, Updates As Austin Creek Fire Ravages Sonoma County in Bay Area
- UPDATE: Hennessey Fire In Napa County Grows To 2,400 Acres; Evacuations Near Lake Berryessa
- New footage shows Jacob Blake brawling with cops before being shot as two white Wisconsin officers are placed on leave while police chief calls Gov. Tony Evers 'wholly irresponsible' for condemning law enforcement
- Chicago rapper FBG Duck, 26, may have been killed in retaliation for mocking dead rival gang members in rap video - and he was tracked down to Gold Coast neighborhood where he was shot because he was livestreaming his travels, officials say
Man Inside Car Shot Dead In Tara Hills, West Contra Costa County have 368 words, post on sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com at January 11, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.