DEONTAY WILDER’s mediation with Tyson Fury over their fiercely-disputed trilogy fight is still ongoing, the American’s co-manager Shelley Finkel has revealed. Former WBC king Wilder – who lost the belt to Fury last February – began legal action last November after The Gypsy King abandoned plans to face him for a third time. Team Wilder believe Fury is still contractually obliged to give The Bronze Bomber a third fight. Fury and his representatives, however, are adamant Wilder’s rematch clause expired last October. A settlement has yet to be reached and will unlikely to come to fruition anytime soon. Finkel told World Boxing News: “The mediation between Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury has not yet ended.”The ongoing legal action could delay Fury’s long-awaited heavyweight title unification fight with WBA (Super), WBO, IBF and IBO champion Anthony Joshua. Negotiations over the blockbuster bout are ongoing, although both parties are confident an agreement will soon be reached. Joshua’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, is well aware that Wilder’s legal action could delay the biggest fight in British boxing history and recently admitted he doesn’t foresee the matter being resolved anytime soon. Speaking to Sky Sports ahead of Joshua’s KO win over Kubrat Pulev, the Matchroom… Read full this story
- Tyson Fury rates Deontay Wilder as a more dangerous opponent than Anthony Joshua
- Barry Hearn doubts Tyson Fury will take on Deontay Wilder in trilogy fight
- Anthony Joshua injury update after world champion hurt knee in training
- Tyson Fury hits out at Anthony Joshua's Black Lives Matter protest speech
- Tyson Fury's promoter Frank Warren brands deal with Anthony Joshua "bulls***"
- Tyson Fury agrees two-fight deal with Anthony Joshua
- Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury suffer fresh blow in bid to fight twice in 2021
- Five obstacles to Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury despite rivals agreeing deal
- Tyson Fury explains why Deontay Wilder is tougher than Anthony Joshua
- Dillian Whyte furious with Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury for agreeing two-fight deal
Deontay Wilder’s manager insists Tyson Fury talks ongoing as Anthony Joshua chases showdown have 322 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 2, 2021. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.