The decision was announced at a press conference held by municipal authorities today, December 3.
The 28-year-old flight attendant, Vietnam’s 1,342nd Covid-19 patient, has been charged with spreading dangerous infectious diseases, the police said at the press conference. Vietnam Airlines has also suspended him and would consider dismissing him for the violation.
This is the first Covid-19-related case in Vietnam to have been prosecuted so far.
According to Colonel Nguyen Sy Quang, deputy director of the HCM City Department of Police, the flight attendant’s violation is simple, but has led to serious consequences. Hundreds of students in HCM City have had to be off from their schools for Covid-19 prevention, while thousands of other people have been quarantined and undergone Covid-19 tests.
Colonel Nguyen Sy Quang, deputy director of the HCM City Department of Police speaks at the press conference on December 3.
The flight attendant tested positive for Covid-19 in his third viral testing on November 29 while self-quarantining at home in Ho Chi Minh City. However, during that time, he visited many public places and came into contact with some other people during that time. As a result, he has found to have transmitted the virus to at least three others.
Lawyer Nguyen Duc Chanh from HCM City Bar Association cited the Vietnamese Criminal Code revised in 2017 as saying that the fine for spreading dangerous infectious diseases in humans is between VND50 million (USD2,173) and VND200 million or from one to 12 years in prison.
- Vietnam Airlines takes off with digital transformation
- Vietnam Airlines launches tickets without free baggage allowance
- Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 'disintegrated into confetti,' captain appears to have run ‘amok,' report says
- Ryanair passenger claims he was injured by police after being 'wrongly accused' of pushing flight attendant
- Flight MH370: 19 conspiracy theories over missing Malaysia Airlines plane after final report
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 23
- Video: Smoke-Filled Delta Plane Forces Evacuation, Cancelation of NYC-Bound Flight
- MH370: Final 12 minutes of doomed flight that killed 239 people 'revealed'
- Easy tips and tricks for making a long-haul flight more comfortable
- Satellite system helps forecast dengue epidemics in Vietnam
- Vietravel becomes sole distributor for Druk Air tickets in Vietnam
- 'Son of Concorde': New supersonic passenger jet being designed by Nasa could slash flight times to Australia in HALF within the next decade
- Airlines and hotels launch summer sales
- Apprentice stars claim airline crew tried to boot them off plane for nut allergy
- Teenager, 19, scales neighbour's fence to steal his eight-year-old daughter's cocker spaniel Penny in brazen dog-napping and still refuses to hand back the pet
- AirAsia shakes hands with Cong Phuong to spread the champion spirit
- Online privacy invasion, cyberbullying spread in Vietnam: experts
- Urine safe hands! Incredible footage shows doctor sucking contents from an elderly man's blocked bladder - and spitting it into a wine bottle - after it almost burst on a flight from China to New York
- AirAsia takes delivery of its first A321neo
- Worker’s Measles-Induced Coma Prompts More Than 250 Vaccinations For El Al Crews
Vietnam Airlines flight attendant prosecuted for spreading Covid-19 infection have 504 words, post on dtinews.vn at December 3, 2020. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.