At the start of the year Musk was ranked 35th amongst the world’s richest. However, Tesla’s market value has gone through the roof this year, which in turn has resulted in Musk’s net worth going up.
While Musk’s worth has certainly gone up, this is the second time, as per Bloomberg, that Gates has dropped below number two. Gates was the richest man for four years running till 2017 when Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos overtook him. Bezos continues to be the richest man in the world with an estimated net worth of $182 billion.
As Musk, it is rather well known that he doesn’t take a single penny in salary. Musk has an incentive-based compensation structure where he gets paid when Tesla or his other company SpaceX hit certain financial milestones.
A report by Fortune had earlier calculated what targets Musk needs to meet in order to land huge windfalls. Musk, according to Fortune, has a 12-level compensation metric and needs to first increase Tesla’s cap to $100 billion — something that has been achieved in 2020.
In the last eight years, Tesla and Musk seem to have come a long way. In 2012, Tesla’s market value was around ‘just’ $4 billion. Tesla’ stock value has gone up dramatically in 2020. In the first two weeks of 2020, it had gone up by close to 25%.
It estimated that Tesla’s market value will touch $500 billion soon.
- How Elon Musk Plans to Go to Mars
- Exclusive: Elon Musk Explains Lusty Floor Tweets
- Elon Musk Is Always Late
- Ford CEO: We were disrupting the auto industry long before Elon Musk
- Shaped by time at Porto, U.S. captain Palmer-Brown primed for second U-20 World Cup
- My (very subjective) team of the FIFA World Cup
- Six reasons for a traveller to love a World Cup in Brazil
- Who are the Socceroos' rivals ahead of the World Cup?
- Man City wins Premier League after United loses to West Brom
- England World Cup squad announcement live
- Tesla claims new Model S is world’s quickest production car
- What the world was like when the Cubs last won the World Series
- Cubs’ Theo Epstein adds another title: world’s greatest leader
- The True Story of Faiq Bolkiah—the So-Called 'Richest Player in the World'
- QPR announce shares shake up as one of world's richest men falls away
- Real Madrid remain the world’s most valuable football team
- Arrogate comes from last to win $10M Dubai World Cup easily
- Time to select a pre-World Cup world XV
- World’s Strongest Man Eddie ‘The Beast’ Hall set to retire after record attempt to become British champion for a sixth time
- Predicting World Cup Starting XIs for All 32 Teams Post-Provisional Squads
Elon Musk is the second richest man in the world have 518 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at November 24, 2020. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.