Tesla CEO Elon Musk reported on Twitter that he may have tested positive for the coronavirus after taking four tests, half of which came back positive. “Something extremely bogus is going on.” Musk wrote Thursday evening. “Was tested for COVID four times today. Two tests came back negative, two came back positive. Same machine, same test, same nurse. Rapid antigen test from BD,” he added. Musk appeared to be referring to tests made by BD, a New Jersey medical technology firm. Musk responded to comments on Twitter asking about his symptoms, saying he had experienced a cough, “sniffles” and a mild fever but “nothing unusual so far.” He said he expected results from more accurate PCR tests — which detect the genetic material of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which causes COVID-19 — in the next 24 hours. Nevada briefly ordered nursing homes in the state to stop using rapid antigen tests made by BD and another company, Quidel, in October after a spate of false positives, but reversed the ban in a matter of days. BD noted in a document filed with the Food and Drug Administration in August that improper specimen collection or handling could lead to false positives. BD… Read full this story
- Elon Musk's SpaceX Violated Test License Terms Last Year Prompting FAA Probe, Media Says
- Tesla’s Elon Musk Wants To Dig Tunnels To Alleviate Miami’s Congested Traffic
- Grimes gets back to her DIY roots as partner of world's richest man Elon Musk gives their baby X Æ A-XII a Viking-inspired haircut in the bathtub
- Meet the Raptor: Elon Musk unveils massive SpaceX rocket engine that will one day carry his Starship to Mars
- Elon Musk reveals that Grimes 'has a much bigger role than him right now' when it comes to raising their two-month-old son X Æ A-Xii
- Elon Musk’s big promises for 2021: Tesla CEO announces that Cybertrucks will be delivered and says the Full-Self Driving system will have Level 5 autonomy by the end of the year - despite the beta version 'not even reaching Level 3'
- GameStop extends Reddit driven hyper-rally after Elon Musk tweet
- Elon Musk claims he has 'a monkey with a brain implant that can play video games with his mind', backs Bitcoin and aims to land humans on Mars in five-and-a-half years in Q&A
- Elon Musk says bitcoin "on the verge" of being more widely accepted
- Elon Musk 'guesses' SpaceX could send a ship to Mars as soon as 2024
Elon Musk gets conflicting coronavirus tests after downplaying pandemic have 397 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at November 13, 2020. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.