Nuggets guard Troy Daniels didn’t mince words. He called it one of the hardest decisions of his life. Anthony Davis had personally recruited him to the Lakers before this season started. LeBron James had affectionately given him the nickname “layup” because his 3-pointers were equally as reliable. He had been on the team’s airplane when they learned of Kobe Bryant’s tragic death and saw the layers of fog that shrouded Los Angeles that dark morning in January. He was part of the connective tissue of the Lakers, an asset to the team’s stars. On his sixth team in his seventh season in the NBA, Daniels craved the chance to get out of the first round of the playoffs, something he’d never done. Had he stayed with the Lakers, that benchmark was almost assured. But Daniels had heard the Lakers were considering other options with his roster spot, and there were no guarantees he’d be with the team after March 1. If the Lakers moved on from Daniels after that date, he wouldn’t have been eligible to play on a playoff team. So the Lakers did what was best for Daniels; they agreed to waive him.“Everybody, I don’t care what they… Read full this story
- Nikola Jokic approaching Lakers, LeBron James with respect, wise-cracks: “Can he jump as high as me?”
- LeBron James brands All-Star plans 'a slap in the face' to NBA players
- LeBron James makes NBA history, Nets' Durant joins exclusive club and Doncic matches MJ
- LeBron James says having All-Star Game is 'a slap in face' to players
- LeBron James: Potential NBA All-Star Game 'pretty much a slap in the face'
- Kobe Bryant death anniversary LIVE – Lebron James leads tributes to NBA icon one year on from his and Gianna’s deaths
- LeBron enjoying longest run in NBA history after triple-double as rallying Lakers break franchise record
- Keeler: It’s OK to root for Tom Brady in a Super Bowl, Broncos fans. Just this once. No matter how wrong it feels.
- LeBron's spat with 'Courtside Karen' was not unique – and we players hear far worse
- NBA wrap: Lakers bounce back, Lillard magic lifts Trail Blazers
Nuggets’ Troy Daniels dishes on the Lakers, LeBron James and his path to Denver: “It’s good to feel wanted” have 358 words, post on www.denverpost.com at August 1, 2020. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.