MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The number of Minnesotans receiving intensive care for COVID-19 has jumped by nine, health officials reported Friday, marking the largest single-day increase in more than a month. The Star Tribune reportedsteps to curb a national spike ADVERTISEMENT The Minnesota Department of Health added 423 new confirmed cases and eight additional deaths to its tallies Friday. The state has reported 37,624 confirmed cases altogether. Minnesota has seen a slowly increasing average number of new daily diagnoses since mid-June, as more young people contract the virus and the median age of infection drops. The nine additional people in intensive care represented the largest single-day increase in ICU care since May 29. All told, 132 patients are in intensive for COVID-19 in Minnesota, while, the patients in regular hospital beds for COVID care dropped by 13. But the department Thursday reported an increase of 16 regular-bed hospitalizations, a jump not seen since May 28. The percentage of patients testing positive — about 3.7% — has been gradually rising along with the overall increase in testing in Minnesota. An increasing positivity rate is considered a sign that actual transmission is growing.
- Christine McGuinness posts worrying selfie from hospital bed
- Mother plans wedding from hospital bed after cancer diagnosis
- Jade Goody carried her son to her hospital bed in her final hours
- Sole survivor of Ben Nevis avalanche speaks from hospital bed
- Danniella Westbrook shares selfie from hospital bed after womb cancer operation
- Devastated Ben Nevis avalanche survivor speaks from hospital bed
- Delaware man arraigned from hospital bed in Philadelphia crash that killed Mummers
- Paddy McGuinness' wife Christine sparks fears with photo from hospital bed
- Andy Murray shares photo from hospital bed following hip operation
- NHS Lanarkshire spend £15 million to keep patients needlessly in hospital beds
Use of ICU hospital beds for COVID-19 jumps in Minnesota have 286 words, post on apnews.com at July 3, 2020. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.