Video PlayerClose KIEV, July 23 (Xinhua) — Heidi Grau, the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) special envoy in the Trilateral Contact Group (TCG) on Ukraine, welcomed the agreement reached Wednesday on additional measures to strengthen the cease-fire in Donbas in East Ukraine, the Interfax Ukraine News Agency reported on Thursday. “The Trilateral Contact Group, with the participation of representatives of certain regions of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions of Ukraine, reached an agreement on additional measures to strengthen the cease-fire regime, the aim of which is to ensure compliance with a comprehensive, sustainable and an indefinite truce,” said Grau. Grau urged the government forces and rebels implement the measures intended to be in place from July 27, which include a ban on offensive, reconnaissance and sabotage actions, on the use of firearms including sniper fire, and on the placement of heavy weapons at settlements and their surroundings. Grau said the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM) will assist and support the parties in implementing the measures. “I hope the confirmed measures will bring the long-awaited silence to the conflict zone and more peace to the civilian population,” said Grau. The conflict between the government forces and… Read full this story
- UN Special Envoy Warns of Risk of Escalation in Syria Amid Fragile Ceasefire Arrangements
- Civilians in East Ukraine Live Without Proper Medical Care - Russian UN Envoy
- Fighting Remains 'Tremendous' in Some Areas of Syria - UN Envoy's Adviser
- Donbass Civilians Experience Undue Suffering Amid Ongoing Hostilities - OSCE
- UN Ready to Support Normandy Four to Settle Conflict in Eastern Ukraine
- Moscow Hopes UN to Make Kiev Respect Human Rights in Ukraine
- Ukraine's Civil War Threatens to Expand to Directly Involve NATO, Russia
- Syrian Truce Agreed by Russia, Turkey Leaves Obama, Kerry 'Completely Sidelined'
- Kremlin on Donbass Republics: DPR, LPR 'in Severe Blockade on Part of Ukraine'
- Why Kiev's Shelling Raids on Donbass Coincide With Poroshenko's Foreign Tours
East Ukraine to see complete ceasefire: OSCE special envoy have 310 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at July 23, 2020. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.