(CNN)As President Donald Trump leans in to his fervent desire to reopen the nation’s economy by May 1, there is a major obstacle standing in his path: the nation’s governors and mayors who hold the power to enforce closures and who have often taken a far more aggressive posture on protecting public health than the President.
A perception gap
- Trump Wants to Put America's Worst Tax On Every Single Car
- Trump Wants More American Cars in Japan, Which Will Never Happen
- This Is All Donald Trump Has Left
- The High-Stakes Battle Between Donald Trump and the Federal Reserve
- Trump dodged one of the key questions about Ukraine — so this reporter kept asking
- Donald Trump’s Ugly, Myth-Busting Presidency
- Kirstjen Nielsen just revealed how Trump's pathologies and lawlessness will get worse
- Trump calls on China to investigate Biden in extraordinary demand
- How a liberal Santa Monica high school produced a top Trump advisor and speechwriter
- Feehery: Trump lays groundwork for immigration two-step
- Trump raised Biden with Xi in June call housed in highly-secure server
- Trump raised Biden with Chinese leader Xi in June call housed in highly secure server
- Trump raised Biden with Xi in June call housed in highly secure server
- Report: Trump pressed Xi to investigate Warren, too
- Trump raised Biden with China President Xi in June call housed in highly secure server
- Pete Buttigieg Rips 'Unbelievable Hypocrisy' Of Evangelical Trump Supporters
- Donald Trump Would Never Lie to You. You Are His Favorite.
- Trump says Ukraine and China should investigate Bidens — live updates
- Where Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton - and third parties - stand on the issues
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump mocks migrants, retreats on health care
Trump wants to reopen country soon. But power really lies with governors have 2485 words, post on edition.cnn.com at April 12, 2020. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.