During a Monday interview on SirirusXM’s Jim Norton and Sam Roberts show, the businessman and oldest son of President Donald Trump admitted that he watched the popular Netflix docuseries “in two sittings” after Sam Roberts asked him if he’d seen it.
The series recounts the outlandish story of Joseph Maldonado-Passage (a.k.a. Joe Exotic, a.k.a. the Tiger King) and other eccentric figures in the exotic animal-keeping world.
Maldonado-Passage, 57, is a polarizing animal trainer who is imprisoned on a 22-year federal sentence for trying to hire a hitman to kill a rival animal rights activist, Carole Baskin, as well as for other crimes. He said he was innocent.
“I feel like you, Don Jr., can go in, make a meeting with your dad and go, ‘Look, I know we’re all dealing with [coronavirus pandemic] and there’s a lot going on right now, but at the same time maybe a presidential pardon for poor Joe Exotic who’s in there,’ ” Roberts told his guest.
“I don’t even know exactly what he was charged with,” said Don Jr., 42. “I watched the show but I don’t know exactly what he was guilty of or wasn’t. It doesn’t seem like he was totally innocent of anything. But when they’re saying, ‘We’re putting this guy away for 30 years,’ I’m saying, ‘That seems … sort of aggressive.’ ”
Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE’s free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from juicy celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.
“Hahahahaha I love the internet,” Don Jr. wrote with the picture, “I heard about this guy.”
“Joe Exotic getting a quick sniff!” Don Jr. posted along with laughing emojis, apparently referencing stories from women of inappropriate touching the Democratic presidential nominee faced last year when he announced his 2020 campaign.
RELATED VIDEO: Inside Tiger King Joe Exotic’s Obsession with Carole Baskin: “It’s the Worst Kind of Love Story”
Earlier this month, Maldonado-Passage was transferred to Fort Worth FMC, a medical center at a prison in Fort Worth, Texas, amid fears of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
His placement came after his husband, Dillon Passage, shared on the SiriusXM Radio Andy show that the former Oklahoma zoo keeper had been placed “on a COVID-19 isolation” behind bars, referring to the novel coronavirus, which is highly infectious.
“We speak like three to five times every day, but since he’s been moved to this new facility, they are putting him on a COVID-19 isolation because of the previous jail he was at, there were cases,” Dillon said to Andy Cohen about Maldonado-Passage. “I’ve yet to speak to him since he moved.”
- Joe Exotic Thanks YouTuber for Pushing Tiger King Coin in Call From Prison
- Prostate Cancer Symptoms Explained As Joe Exotic Says He Has Disease
- Joe Exotic Calls Atlanta's Federal Prison the 'Bottom of Hell'
- Trump pardons Steve Bannon and gives clemency to 140 others in final hours of presidency
- The list of people Donald Trump pardoned on his last day in office (and the reasons why)
- US Midterms latest: Joe Biden 'appreciates frustration of American people' as he promises economic help
- Worst May Be Still to Come for Trump in Mueller Probe
- Trump News Updates: Dershowitz Says Indictment Possible but Unlikely
- Trump a possible witness as his company's criminal fraud trial begins in New York, judge says
- N.Y. Attorney General Accuses Trump of ‘Staggering’ Fraud in Lawsuit
- Former Trump Adviser Acquitted on Charges of Acting as Emirati Agent
- Facebook and Twitter spark Republican fury after cutting off traffic to disputed Joe Biden exposé
- Fate of 10 GOP Impeachers Shows 'Going Against Trump Is the Death Knell'
- Trump Can't Stop Confessing
- Michael Cohen Says Trump Could Lose $1 Billion Over Exaggerating His Worth
- Boris Epshteyn's loyalty to Trump pays off as investigations deepen
- Trump, Classified Nuclear Files, Saudis: What We Do Know, What We Don't
- Donald Trump Says He Can't Be Sued for Fraud Because He Paid the Money Back
- Donald Trump accused of ‘spouting lies’ after joining in with Pelosi conspiracy theories
- Kathy Griffin Reflects on Her Trump Photo Controversy
Trump Jr. Says Joe Exotic's Sentence Was 'Sort of Aggressive' but Doesn't Know 'Exactly What He Was Charged with' have 802 words, post on people.com at April 8, 2020. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.