The list of the top-selling two-wheelers in the India market for the month of March 2020 has been released. The two-wheeler sales in the Indian market during the month of March 2020 witnessed a major decline, mainly due to the coronavirus lockdown, which shut down all operations and businesses in the country.
The coronavirus pandemic brought the country under lockdown during the second-half of March 2020. Hence, sales of two-wheelers took a major hit, with just the first-half of the month open for business.
Among the sales which did take place, the Hero Splendor emerged as the best-selling two-wheeler in the market. The Hero Splendor registered sales of 1,43,726 units; a drop of 42% compared to March 2019 when it registered over 2.42 lakh units of sales.
The second on the list is yet another Hero motorcycle, the HF Deluxe. This is yet another entry-level motorcycle offering from the brand in the Indian market. The Hero HF Deluxe registered a relatively smaller drop of 21% in the Indian market in the previous month with 1,14,969 units of sales.
With just a few hundred models difference, the third-spot was occupied by the Honda Activa. The Activa is the most popular scooter offering in the Indian market and is currently in its sixth-generation iteration. The Honda Activa 6G registered 1,14,757 units last month, compared to 1,48,241 units in March 2019.
Fourth on the list was the Honda CB Shine, a commuter motorcycle offering from the brand. Honda recently updated the CB Shine to comply with the latest emission norms, which has allowed it to register a massive growth in March 2020. The Honda CB Shine registered 86,633 units of sales compared to 29,827 units during the same month in 2019.
Completing the top-5 on the list is the Bajaj Pulsar range. This includes all the models, ranging from the entry-level 125 to the 220F. The Bajaj Pulsar range has witnessed a massive drop of 51% sales in the market, reducing from a little over 1 lakh sales in March 2019 to around 50,000 in the previous month.
|Rank||Model||March 2020 Sales|
|2||Hero HF Deluxe||1,14,969|
|4||Honda CB Shine||86,633|
|6||TVS XL Super||32,808|
|9||Royal Enfield Classic 350||24,253|
Following the top-five on the list are the TVS XL Super, Honda Dio, Suzuki Access 125, Royal Enfield Classic 350 and the TVS Apache range. All models have witnessed a major drop in sales as expected in the month of March 2020, with the Dio scooter being the only model to register growth. The Honda Dio registered an improvement in its sales from just 6,700 units in March 2019 to over 29,000 units in the previous month.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Two-Wheelers In India During March 2020
The top-selling scooter and motorcycle in the Indian market have pretty much remained unchanged. However, sales have dropped drastically amidst the lockdown, which started on the 24th of March and has now been extended till the 3rd of May.
- Hero teases Honda Activa 125-rivaling Duet 125 automatic scooter ahead of launch
- Hero Splendor overtakes Activa as India's bestselling two-wheeler in Sept 2018
- Hero Splendor OUTSELLS Honda Activa
- Hero Launches Destini 125 launched: Gets more features than Honda Activa 125
- Honda Activa is leaving Hero Splendor behind in a big way: Proof
- New Honda Activa legacy TVC celebrates 18 years and 2 crore sales
- Honda Activa to Bajaj Chetak: 10 ‘GAME-CHANGING’ scooters of India
- Honda Activa conquers India's most DANGEROUS roads: Sach Pass & Killar-Kishtwar [Video]
- This helmet is COSTLIER than a Honda Activa: What's inside? [Video]
- Honda Activa to soon deliver 10 % more mileage!
- TVS Jupiter Grande launched: Honda Activa rival gets fresher
- Yamaha Fascino, Ray & Alpha get Unified-Braking System to take on Honda Activa
- Honda Activa with car-like music system: Video
- 2018 TVS Wego automatic scooter launched in India: Rivals Honda Activa
- Upcoming BS-VI compliant Honda Activa 6G may look like this
- Hero Splendor outperforms Honda Activa for five consecutive months
- Honda Activa to soon get fuel injection, 10 % more mileage
- Hero Splendor-rivaling TVS Radeon launched in India: All you need to know
- Farmers use a Hero Splendor to till soil & harvest groundnuts [Video]
- Honda Activa BEATS Hero Splendor to become India's best selling two-wheeler
Top-Selling Two-Wheelers In India For March 2020: Hero Splendor & Honda Activa Continue To Dominate have 862 words, post on www.drivespark.com at April 21, 2020. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.