Princess Eugenie shared a new post on Wednesday in honour of one of her favourite causes – the environment. Taking to Instagram, the Queen‘s granddaughter posted an orange and pink graphic of the earth which had a black dot in the middle, and captioned it: “Today is the 50th Earth Day and @serpentineuk have launched their ‘Back to Earth’ initiative, a new multi-year project that invites artists, scientists, musicians and more to make work that responds to the climate emergency we face. The image you see here is called ‘Earth perspectives’, a new artwork conceived by Olafur Eliasson for Earth Day 2020.”
WATCH: Princess Eugenie joins a whole host of stars to inspire and empower females everywhere
The Princess went on to explain: “It’s comprised of nine images featuring nine different views over the Earth. The work explores how maps, space and the earth itself are all to a certain extent construction, which we all have the power to see from other perspectives, whether individually or collectively. The first image is of the Great Barrier Reef, off the coast of Queensland, Australia – the world’s biggest single structure made by living organisms, now dying due to human activity and mass coral bleaching.
Princess Eugenie is passionate about conservation
“Check out my story for the other eight images of Earth perspectives. To create a new world view… 1. Stare at the dot on the Earth about ten seconds. 2. Then train your focus onto a blank surface. 3. An afterimage appears in the complementary colours of Eliasson’s visual. 4. You have projected a new world view. @studioolafureliasson @serpentineuk #earthday2020 #earthday.” Eugenie’s followers loved the creative idea, commenting: “Thank you for sharing this,” “This is where I live! Thank you for bringing awareness to our climate issues,” and: This is amazing. It took me a few minutes to watch and it’s mind boggling once you have the altered perspective!”
The 30-year-old has been continuing to support her favourite causes during the coronavirus crisis, including delivering food parcels and other supplies to NHS workers alongside her mother, Sarah Ferguson, and sister, Princess Beatrice. Last week, it was sadly confirmed that Beatrice and her fiancé Edoardo Mapello Mozzi would have to postpone their 29 May wedding due to the pandemic. The couple, who got engaged last year, had initially planned a low-key ceremony followed by a reception at Buckingham Palace.
Make sure you never miss a ROYAL story! Sign up to our newsletter to get all of our celebrity, royal and lifestyle news delivered directly to your inbox.
- Princess Eugenie shares sweet relationship update with husband Jack Brooksbank
- Princess Eugenie encourages Instagram followers to 'get in touch' with 'wonderful' brand who crafted her bridesmaid dresses and are now making and donating protective coronavirus masks for children
- Princess Eugenie's society BFF and LA 'power player' Zoe de Givenchy offers a look at lockdown at her VERY stylish Beverly Hills family home - complete with pool games, nature hikes and designer gowns
- Princess Eugenie praises Kate Middleton's 'brilliant' idea for her new portrait prize as she continues to highlight acts of kindness amid the coronavirus pandemic
- Royal couples who waited years before marrying: Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cornwall, Princess Eugenie
- Katie Price reveals she was left in tears hugging kids Junior, 14, and Princess, 12, for the first time following 'tough' six week separation
- Princess Beatrice was looking out for her mum Sarah Ferguson during royal wedding
- Sarah Ferguson shares incredibly rare family photo taken inside Royal Lodge
- Inside Zara Tindall's Royal Life: Not a Princess, but Not Exactly Normal
- Paul Burrell shares unseen letter Princess Diana wrote after visiting Mother Teresa’s Calcutta convent in 1992 revealing she had 'found the direction' she'd been 'searching for all these years’
- Prince Harry's ex Cressida Bonas shares fun snap in a fancy dress veil in front of an 'auto-wed' machine to mark her fiancé Harry Wentworth-Stanley's birthday after their wedding was postponed
- Pippa Middleton's wedding: Princess Charlotte got teary and Kate read a prayer
- Is Prince Harry's ex-girlfriend Cressida Bonas planning a lockdown wedding?
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez Indefinitely Postpone Their Summer Wedding in Italy
- Princess Beatrice’s wedding ‘cursed’ as big day destined to be doomed after huge setbacks
- Sarah Ferguson shares International Family Day post with Prince Andrew, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie
- What Royals actually do all day - from Queen to Meghan Markle and Princess Beatrice
- Outspoken mother-of-the-bride says daughter's lace wedding jumpsuit gives her a 'poochie belly' and reminds her of John Travolta's flares on Say Yes To The Dress
- Princess Maria Galitzine, 31, daughter of Archduchess of Austria, dies suddenly from a cardiac aneurysm leaving behind her chef husband and two-year-old son
- Sonam and Anand celebrate wedding anniversary amid lockdown
Princess Eugenie shares inspiring vision for future following sister's wedding postponement have 1016 words, post on www.hellomagazine.com at April 22, 2020. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.