REUTERS: Former Liverpool player and manager Kenny Dalglish, who tested positive for the coronavirus, has been released from hospital, British media reported on Sunday.
Liverpool said on Friday that Dalglish, 69, was admitted to hospital for an infection. He required intravenous antibiotics but was asymptomatic.
The former Scotland international is now back home where he is self-isolating and he hailed the healthcare workers at the National Health Service (NHS) as they battle the pandemic that has killed over 108,000 people worldwide.
“People may think my name got me the best of care but every patient in the NHS gets the best of care,” Dalglish told The Sunday Post.
“As a nation, we are lucky to have them and I wish them all well as they work tirelessly to help the country through this pandemic.”
Dalglish, who also played for Celtic, is a revered figure at Anfield, having won six English league titles and three European Cups as a player before adding three more league triumphs as a manager.
More than 1.7 million people have been reported to be infected by the novel coronavirus globally, according to a Reuters tally. The United Kingdom has nearly 79,000 cases with 9,875 deaths.
(Reporting by Rohith Nair in Bengaluru, editing by Pritha Sarkar)
- Woman dies before coronavirus test returns positive
- Spain's EU-Certified Coronavirus Tests from China Don't Work
- Mass coronavirus testing in Liverpool has missed half of positive cases, Government figures show
- So You Think Your Kid Needs a Coronavirus Test
- UK PM Boris Johnson, in hospital with coronavirus, spends night in intensive care unit
- India's rural population still fearful of coronavirus test and vaccination
- Spit in a Tube and Mail It In: A New Frontier in Coronavirus Testing
- Mission: Impossible 7 Halts Filming Once Again After Positive COVID Test
- Tom Cruise's UK filming of Mission: Impossible shuts down following positive COVID tests
- Boris Johnson Leaves U.K. Hospital After Coronavirus Treatment
- Need a Coronavirus Test? Being Rich and Famous May Help
- Coronavirus testing 'debacle', hospitals boss says
- California could see a quarter-million coronavirus tests a day under new state plan
- Randhir Kapoor moved to ICU after testing COVID positive, more tests underway
- Dancing on Ice's Joe-Warren Plant and Vanessa forced to pull out after positive Covid test
- Spokesman for Russian President Vladimir Putin hospitalized with coronavirus
- Gemma Collins reveals her dad is still ‘fighting for his life’ in hospital with coronavirus
- Đà Nẵng students to get coronavirus tests before exam
- Prince Philip transferred to new hospital for new tests - LIVE UPDATES
- Hanoi starts coronavirus testing for 11,000 people in village under lockdown
Liverpool great Dalglish out of hospital after positive coronavirus test have 405 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at April 12, 2020. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.