Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha PowerSamantha Jane PowerMore than 100 national security professionals urge Trump to invoke Defense Production Act Samantha Power votes for Biden, praises his ’empathy and decency’ President Trump’s strike of choice MORE on Super Tuesday announced her endorsement of former Vice President Joe BidenJoe BidenOvernight Health Care: US hits 10,000 coronavirus deaths | Trump touts ‘friendly’ talk with Biden on response | Trump dismisses report on hospital shortages as ‘just wrong’ | Cuomo sees possible signs of curve flattening in NY We need to be ‘One America,’ the polling says — and the politicians should listen 16 things to know today about coronavirus MORE, praising what she called his “empathy and decency.”
Power, a professor at Harvard Kennedy School and a Massachusetts resident, tweeted Tuesday that she had voted for Biden despite policies she admired from Sen. Elizabeth WarrenElizabeth WarrenOn The Money: Trump officials struggle to get relief loans out the door | Dow soars more than 1600 points | Kudlow says officials ‘looking at’ offering coronavirus bonds Overnight Energy: Trump floats oil tariffs amid Russia-Saudi dispute | Warren knocks EPA over ‘highly dangerous’ enforcement rollback | 2019 sees big increase in methane levels in air Ex-CFPB director urges agency to ‘act immediately’ to help consumers during pandemic MORE (D-Mass.) and former New York City Mayor Michael BloombergMichael BloombergDNC books million in fall YouTube ads Former Bloomberg staffer seeks class-action lawsuit over layoffs Bloomberg spent over 0M on presidential campaign MORE.
“The foundations of a progressive policy platform are empathy and decency, which @JoeBiden embodies to a truly rare extent,” Power tweeted Tuesday. “These qualities are also the antithesis of the narcissism and cruelty of @realDonaldTrump. The contrast will be stark.”
The foundations of a progressive policy platform are empathy and decency, which @JoeBiden embodies to a truly rare extent. These qualities are also the antithesis of the narcissism and cruelty of @realDonaldTrump. The contrast will be stark.
— Samantha Power (@SamanthaJPower) March 3, 2020
“@JoeBiden is running not to go back in time or to ‘unite’ w/ a @GOP that now cares more about itself than the country,” she added. “He is running to bring America to a place where we care for one another, where everyone is seen and included & where government has your back when you stumble.”
.@JoeBiden is running not to go back in time or to “unite” w/ a @GOP that now cares more about itself than the country. He is running to bring America to a place where we care for one another, where everyone is seen and included & where government has your back when you stumble.
— Samantha Power (@SamanthaJPower) March 3, 2020
Power went on to recount learning that Biden gave out his personal cellphone number to people he met who had suffered “great personal loss.”
Power, who served as ambassador from 2013 to 2017, is the latest of several Obama administration officials to endorse the former vice president, including former White House chief of staff Denis McDonoughDenis Richard McDonoughSamantha Power votes for Biden, praises his ’empathy and decency’ Former Obama chief of staff endorses Biden Former Obama officials willing to testify on McCabe’s behalf: report MORE and former national security adviser Susan Rice.
Biden also secured the endorsements of several former competitors for the Democratic nomination ahead of the Super Tuesday primaries, including Sen. Amy KlobucharAmy KlobucharBiden hosts potential VP pick Gretchen Whitmer on podcast Why Gretchen Whitmer’s stock is rising with Team Biden Biden says his administration could help grow ‘bench’ for Democrats MORE (D-Minn.), former South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete ButtigiegPete ButtigiegButtigieg launches new PAC to aid down-ballot candidates HuffPost political reporter on why Bernie fell way behind Biden Economists fear slow pace of testing will prolong recession MORE and former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas).
- Sanders targets Biden in new video hours before debate
- New Hampshire 1987: Biden Lied About Civil Rights Activism
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Sanders apologizes to Biden for surrogate's op-ed
- Trump doesn't want to face another woman, claims Elizabeth Warren as she swings back at the president's prediction that Biden, Beto, Bernie or Buttigieg will survive to challenge him
- Sanders campaign knocks Biden on Social Security track record
- Biden alleges Sanders campaign 'doctored video' to attack him on Social Security record
- Sadly, a truce between Sanders and Warren seems unlikely. That only benefits Biden
- House votes 228-193 to send the articles of impeachment against Donal Trump to the Senate TODAY with just one Democrat voting against while Republicans stay united in opposition
- Editorial: Amy Klobuchar and Elizabeth Warren Are Democrats' Top Choices for President
- Elizabeth Warren REFUSES to shake hands with Bernie Sanders after they clash at 2020 debate over claim he said a woman can't win the presidency and she says: 'Look at the men. They lost 10 elections!'
- Sanders, Warren battle for progressive endorsements
- One of These People Could Beat Trump, Right?
- Collins walks impeachment tightrope
- Brent Budowsky: The patriotic duty of Senate Republicans
- The Hill's 12:30 Report: Trump beefs up impeachment defense with Dershowitz, Starr
- Sanders v. Warren is just for insiders
- Democrats appeal for GOP help to convict 'corrupt' Trump
- The Memo: Sanders-Warren battle could reshape Democratic primary
- NYT editorial board endorses Warren, Klobuchar for Democratic nomination for president
- Is There a Way to Acknowledge America’s Progress?
Samantha Power votes for Biden, praises his 'empathy and decency' have 871 words, post on thehill.com at March 3, 2020. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.