BERKELEY, CA — A 52-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder for allegedly stabbing a 74-year-old man in Berkeley on Sunday night, police said.
Suspect Ogun Jumoke also is being held on suspicion of battery with serious bodily injury for allegedly biting a second victim who tried to intervene in the attack on the 74-year-old man in the 1300 block of University Avenue, several blocks west of the North Berkeley BART station, at about 8:30 p.m. on Sunday, according to police.
Jumoke, who doesn’t have a listed permanent address, was able to leave the area after he allegedly bit the witness who tried to intervene but officers were able to locate and arrest him nearby in the area of Tenth and Delaware streets, police said.
The 74-year-old man, who’s a Berkeley resident, was transported to a hospital with stab wounds to his torso, according to police.
The witness who tried to intervene, a 32-year-old Berkeley man, was transported to a hospital with a bite wound.
Police said their investigation into the stabbing indicates that the encounter began after Jumoke saw the 74-year-old man walking with his small dog along University Avenue.
Copyright 2020 by Bay City News, Inc. —Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.
- A52 crash: Driver says she stopped to help elderly man walking in the road
- Elderly man stabbed by fellow worshipper in mosque
- Elderly man stabbed inside mosque during Friday prayers 'was saved by heroic worshippers'
- Elderly man stabbed in a Mosque by fellow worshipper
- Knife-wielding man jailed for stabbing bystander and ransacking A&E waiting room
- Fight in Westminster leaves young man with multiple stab wounds
- Elderly man jumped to safety after 'moped firebombing' as murder probe launched
- Shock as man arrested in garden after police and dog unit swoop on Dundee street
- Teenager charged in connection with robbery of elderly man in Ipswich
- Elderly man dies in house fire at bungalow in New Mill
- Elderly man dies after being blown over in Storm Ali on wedding anniversary
- Family’s gratitude to those involved in search for elderly man
- Man jailed for stabbing police dog
- Sexual assault on woman walking dog
- Arrest in Stanmore after witnesses saw man 'throw dog off balcony'
- Elderly man dies of severe burns after being seen ‘on fire in street’
- Man jailed after stabbing left student with 'one percent chance' of surviving
- Yorkshire police officer saves elderly man's life after he falls from boat
- Pensioner, 83, accused of murdering elderly man in "highly unusual case"
- Police appeal after elderly man has £1,000 stolen from him in Chichester
Elderly Man Walking Dog Stabbed In Berkeley: Police have 455 words, post on patch.com at March 10, 2020. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.