President Donald Trump on Wednesday doubled down on his claim he has ‘always’ treated the coronavirus seriously and then pivoted to complaining about last month’s impeachment inquiry, demanding to know ‘where’s the whistleblower.’ The president spent the morning tweeting on a variety of subjects, including his response to the coronavirus epidemic, opined on the Democratic presidential primary and complained about impeachment. His defensive posture comes as his administration asked Congress to allocate $500 billion for two direct payments to Americans – one in April; one in May – to counter the economic affects of the coronavirus. President Donald Trump doubled down on his claim he has ‘always’ treated the coronavirus seriously The White House is also requesting $300 billion to help small businesses and $50 billion for the airline industry, according to Treasury Department documents being circulated. The details were released after Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin warned lawmakers on Tuesday that the unemployment rate in American could drop to 20 per cent. Mnuchin met with Republican senators at the Capitol Tuesday afternoon where he posed risks the economy could face if a coronavirus stimulus package is not passed quickly, Bloomberg News reported. But Mnuchin’s office pushed back on the report. ‘During the… Read full this story
- Donald Trump compares himself to Churchill keeping London calm during the Nazi bombing and FDR during the depression in new defense for not telling the truth about COVID
- Donald Trump BANS visitors from Europe from entering the US for 30 days starting at midnight on Friday - but excludes the UK and Ireland - in effort to staunch coronavirus pandemic. But how will it slow spread of virus ALREADY inside US?
- Joe Biden calls Donald Trump a 'conman' who has capitulated to the pandemic in campaign speech in Georgia, bringing Hunter's daughter with him, before joking to drive-in rally in Atlanta: 'I'm Kamala's running mate!'
- Donald Trump tries to quash two hugely damaging stories
- The Sedition of Donald Trump
- How Donald Trump Lost His Mojo
- Donald Trump and Joe Biden clash in chaotic first debate
- Donald Trump news – Trump says politics would be ‘BORING’ without him at Pennsylvania rally
- Donald Trump's troubling vital signs
- Joe Biden steps up attack on Donald Trump over admission he 'played down' coronavirus calling cover-up 'almost criminal' as White House braces for MORE Bob Woodward tapes
Defensive Donald Trump claims he 'always treated the Chinese virus seriously' as he faces being engulfed by healthcare shortages and economic crisis - then goes back to asking 'where's the whistleblower?' have 376 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 18, 2020. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.