The Delhi and District Cricket Association finds itself in some fresh trouble after authorities claimed the board is yet to make payments worth Rs 4.5 crore to its coaching and support staff. Rajan Manchanda, its joint secretary and former India player Kirti Azad brought it to ombudsman Justice Deepak Verma’s notive that while the DDCA has been extravagantly spending money to solve its legal concerns approximately Rs 1.63 the salaries are yet to go out to most of its employees despite the 2019-20 season finishing. “During the past few months nearly R2 crore (R1.63 crore) has been paid in legal expenses alone. A sports body therefore will look like a legal body where cricketers and cricket will not occupy centre stage, but lawyers and legal matters will be the most critical piece,” Azad wrote to the ombudsman. The DDCA, of late has been dealing with its fair share of issues. BJP MP Azad and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal have alleged corruption in DDCA against Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. Ram Jethmalani, a RJD MP and senior lawyer, has also accused Jaitley of corruption and will fight a court case. So had retired IPS Officer KPS Gill blames Jaitley for… Read full this story
- Narendra Sawaikar: Projects worth Rs 16 crore granted under MPLAD scheme
- Why having former QB Kenny Hill on the coaching staff is ‘huge’ for TCU this season
- New Glentoran coaching staff announce several player departures
- Vikings’ Terence Newman retires, joins coaching staff
- Mark Price to join Nuggets coaching staff
- Jarvis Landry trolls Dolphins coaching staff
- Raptors 905 make history by adding Canadian Olympian Tamara Tatham to coaching staff
- Spurs hoping Manu Ginobili joins team’s coaching staff
- Rajiv Bajaj Salary Is Rs. 25.59 Crores In 2016-17 Fiscal Year
- 'We plan to finalise one acquisition in Europe, worth Rs 200-300 crore, over the next 2-3 months.'
DDCA Yet to Pay Salaries Worth Rs 4.5 Crore to Coaches, Staff have 309 words, post on www.cricketcountry.com at March 23, 2020. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.