Jody Demling has called the winners of the Kentucky Derby and Oaks all but twice in the last 11 years.
One year after Maximum Security made history by being the first horse disqualified after crossing the finish line first, the 2020 Kentucky Derby will run from Churchill Downs on Saturday, May 2. The Run for the Roses will feature a talented 2020 Kentucky Derby lineup that could include horses like Bob Baffert’s Authentic and Patrick Biancone’s Ete Indien. It’s the first leg of horse racing’s Triple Crown.
Authentic is the early 6-1 favorite in the current 2020 Kentucky Derby odds, followed by the Barclay Tagg-trained Tiz the Law, who’s going off at 7-1. Before you bet the 146th Run for the Roses, you’ll want to hear what SportsLine’s resident horse racing guru, Jody Demling, has to say.
A fixture in the horse racing world who has been writing about, talking about and betting on races for years, Demling comes into the 2020 Kentucky Derby on a mind-blowing streak: He has nailed nine of the last 11 Oaks-Derby doubles at Churchill Downs. That means he held a ticket with the winners of both races all but twice in the last 11 years.
Three years ago, he was all over Derby champ Always Dreaming when that horse was 6-1, long before he was the co-favorite, calling him “the best horse on the grounds.” Demling has crushed horse racing’s biggest races, also hitting nine of the last 15 Preakness winners. He nailed Justify’s groundbreaking win in the 2018 Belmont as well.
In addition, Demling has been on fire in Derby prep races. Last April, he nailed the exacta and trifecta in the Santa Anita Derby, Blue Grass Stakes and Wood Memorial on the same day. One week later, he hit the same bets in the Arkansas Derby. This year, he hit the exacta, trifecta and superfecta in the Robert B. Lewis Stakes and nailed the exacta in the Sam F. Davis Stakes. Anyone who has followed him is way up.
With several major sports books already taking action, Demling has released his early 2020 Kentucky Derby picks and listed where he believes his top 20 horses will finish. He’s sharing them right here.
Top 2020 Kentucky Derby predictions
Demling is fading Sole Volante, even though the colt just won the Sam F. Davis Stakes and was second in the Tampa Bay Derby. In fact, Demling says Sole Volante barely cracks the top 10.
This Patrick L. Biancone-trained horse has three victories in six career races. However, Sole Volante has failed to win two of his last three starts and was beaten in the Tampa Bay Derby by King Guillermo, who’s going off at 30-1 Kentucky Derby odds 2020. There are far better values in a loaded 2020 Kentucky Derby lineup.
Another curveball: Demling is high on Maxfield, even though the horse just underwent surgery to remove bone chips and only has two career races under his belt. “As long as there’s a chance that he still makes the Derby, Maxfield will stay on my radar,” Demling told SportsLine.
How to make 2020 Kentucky Derby picks
Demling is especially high on a monumental long shot that would net any backer a colossal windfall. Demling is sharing which horse it is, along with his entire projected leaderboard, over at SportsLine.
Which horse wins the Kentucky Derby? And what massive long shot does Demling say contends? Check out the latest Kentucky Derby odds below, then visit SportsLine to see Demling’s picks for the Kentucky Derby.
Sierra Canyon came back from an 11-point deficit to beat Etiwanda
Ten complaints will be filed based on the findings of this report
Gary West, Maximum Security’s owner, is no longer letting Servis work with any of his horses
About 16 million people just in the northern part of the country alone are on lockdown
The first sportsbook in the state is now open
The people charged allegedly used PEDs to improve the speed, endurance and performance of horses
The coronavirus is causing sports cancellations and postponements all across the world
- Vikings at Seahawks: Odds, prediction, how to watch 'Monday Night Football' in Week 13
- The Hill's Morning Report — Pelosi makes it official: Trump will be impeached
- Both teams to score in Manchester derby, Chelsea in goals again, Leicester to continue charge – football betting tips
- Football betting tips: Both teams to score in Manchester derby, Chelsea on fire again and Leicester to continue charge
- Racing! An early look at Kentucky Derby favorites
- NFL Week 13 odds, picks: Ravens cover vs. 49ers, Browns smash Steelers, Vikings upset Seahawks
- Baylor vs. Oklahoma: Prediction, pick, odds, point spread, line, football game, kickoff time, preview
- Monday Night Football odds, spread: Vikings vs. Seahawks picks, predictions from Minnesota expert who's 28-8
- 2019 ACC Championship Game odds, line: Clemson vs. Virginia picks, predictions from expert who's 6-1
- 2019 Big 12 Championship Game odds, line: Oklahoma vs. Baylor picks, predictions from expert who's 11-3
- Monday Night Football odds, line: Vikings vs. Seahawks picks, predictions from Minnesota expert who's 28-8
- Thursday Night Football odds: Bears vs. Cowboys picks, best predictions from Chicago expert who's 26-12
- 2019 Hero World Challenge odds: PGA picks, Tiger Woods predictions from same model that nailed six majors
- 2019 Hero World Challenge odds: PGA picks, Tiger Woods predictions from model that nailed six majors
- England storm to victory! Owen Farrell's men make it to first Rugby World Cup final since 2007 after defeating reigning champs New Zealand 19-7 in Japan – as delirious fans say they knew team would win after 'smirking' captain stared down the Haka
- Panicked home buyers drive up prices in scramble to secure properties before 2020
- Steelers at Cardinals prediction: How to watch, stream, key matchups for Super Bowl XLIII rematch
- No hard feelings! Joe Biden says he would consider Kamala Harris for his running mate if he gets 2020 nomination and predicts she can STILL be president herself
- A runaway winner! Man fleeing from leopard as it mauls his neighbour is just one brilliant image to make it onto AFP's best photos of 2019 list
- Watch This Weird Old Japanese Home Run Derby Featuring Barry Bonds, Jason Giambi, And Bernie Williams
2020 Kentucky Derby odds, predictions: Expert who has hit 9 Derby-Oaks Doubles makes early picks have 1055 words, post on www.cbssports.com at March 11, 2020. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.