US President Donald Trump slammed former White House chief of staff John Kelly on Thursday for being disloyal after he defended an important impeachment witness. Trump sent an angry tweet after Kelly backed Lieutenant Colonel Alexander Vindman, a US military expert on Ukraine who was among the White House officials who raised concerns about Trump’s July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy. During the phone call, Trump asked Zelenskiy to open an investigation into his political rival, former Vice President Joe Biden, and particularly Biden’s son’s association with a contentious energy company in Ukraine. The call triggered Trump’s impeachment trial, which ended in acquittal last week. “He misses the action and just can’t keep his mouth shut,” Trump said of Kelly, also claiming that the former Marine officer, who was no longer in the military when in Trump’s government, had a “military and legal obligation” to keep quiet. Kelly served as Trump’s chief of staff from July 2017 to January 2019. Read more: Opinion: Donald Trump’s impeachment is not a waste of time Kelly attacks Trump Speaking at a public forum on Wednesday in the northeastern state of New Jersey, Kelly sprang to the defense of Vindman. Trump had suggested… Read full this story
- Trump Denies Ex-White House Aide's Allegations of Using Racial Slur
- Ex-White House Aide Releases Recording of Trump Showing Surprise Over Her Firing
- Ex-White House Aide Says Trump Knew About Clinton Emails Before WikiLeaks Posted
- Donald Trump would deport Melania if she divorced him, claims ex-White House aide
- Ex-White House aide Omarosa 'recorded her sacking in Situation Room' and 'helped hide Donald Trump's mental decline'
- Kanye West blasted by 50 Cent and rapper TI for ‘boot licking his master’ Donald Trump at the White House
- Bob Woodward book, 'Fear: Trump in the White House' — The 5 most explosive claims
- White House Mulls Legal Options After Ex-Aide's Secret Recording
- Bombshell book reveals chaotic and dysfunctional White House and Donald Trump’s own aides say he’s an ‘idiot’
- Who's in Charge at the White House? Bob Woodward Book Casts Doubt About Answer
Trump lashes out at ex-White House chief for defending impeachment witness have 341 words, post on www.dw.com at February 13, 2020. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.