Senators are reviving the fight over the whistleblower complaint at the center of the months-long impeachment effort against President TrumpDonald John TrumpTrump administration eyes proposal to block jet engine sales to China: report Trump takes track to open Daytona 500 Brazile ‘extremely dismayed’ by Bloomberg record MORE.With Trump’s trial in the rearview mirror, the Senate Intelligence Committee is quietly shifting its attention back to its investigation into the complaint process after hitting pause on the inquiry as the impeachment effort consumed Washington. The probe will force senators to decide if, and how, they speak with the whistleblower — a controversial call that could test the bipartisan reputation the Intelligence panel has maintained even amid deeply partisan fights in Congress. ADVERTISEMENTAsked by The Hill if he was willing to formally compel and subpoena the whistleblower to testify, Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard BurrRichard Mauze BurrUS prosecutors bring new charges against China’s Huawei Graham vows to approach Hunter Biden probe with caution: ‘I’m not going to be the Republican Christopher Steele’ McConnell displays mastery of Senate with impeachment victory MORE (R-N.C.) didn’t rule out the possibility.“I think you can rest assured that I’m prepared to do whatever we have to to interview the whistleblower,”… Read full this story
- Senate Republicans Admit Trump Did It but Vote to Acquit Him Anyway
- To change the culture of silence, protect police whistleblowers
- Bolton says Dems committed 'impeachment malpractice' and faces a bipartisan rebuke
- Democratic senator blocks 1,123 military promotions over key impeachment witness
- Senate Democrats question independence of Trump's CIA nominee
- Democrats optimistic about chances of winning Senate
- Bill Barr’s Above the Law. The Only Answer Is to Impeach Him.
- GOP's Obama-era probes fuel Senate angst
- The Hill's Coronavirus Report: Stagwell President Mark Penn says Trump is losing on fighting the virus; Fauci says U.S. 'going in the wrong direction' in fight against virus
- As Dems push impeachment, experts say Clinton's impeachment was political blunder for Republicans
Senate braces for fight over impeachment whistleblower testimony have 321 words, post on thehill.com at February 16, 2020. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.