A senior intelligence official told lawmakers that Russia is interfering in the 2020 election to re-elect Donald Trump, it emerged Thursday. The New York Times revealed that the official was part of a briefing to the House Intelligence Committee, which is chaired by Democratic Trump enemy Adam Schiff, and told lawmakers of both parties about Russia’s backing for a second Trump term. The committee members were briefed that Russia favors Trump, CNN reported, and were also told about its efforts to hack and attack election infrastructure and the Kremlin’s continued attempts to use social media platforms in its campaign of distrust. Vladimir Putin’s operatives want to both help Trump and create public doubts about the outcome of the election, the officials briefed lawmakers during the session about ‘the integrity of our upcoming elections.’ One lawmaker told the Daily Beast that the officials briefed them that: ‘It continues with the same target, and the same purpose, and it’s clear that they [the Russians] favor one candidate over the other. Trump was furious when he learned that Schiff had been briefed that intelligence officials believe Russia is trying to aid his re-election – and wrongly believed it was only the Democrat who had… Read full this story
- Donald Trump's EU ambassador to testify to Congress following bombshell report he asked Ukrainian officials about Biden-linked energy company during private White House meeting
- Donald Trump claims 'there is NO WAY' any Democrat in Ohio debate could win the White House as he blasts 'illegal & absurd Impeachment' and predicts stock market crash if he loses
- Donald Trump accuses OBAMA of 'election corruption' as he demands to see the Democratic National Committee's hacked 'server' claiming it will show evidence of 2016 interference which he claims Rudy Giuliani was seeking in Ukraine
- 'I think I was excusing myself from the room,' Nancy Pelosi says of THAT photo Donald Trump tweeted from their fiery White House meeting - and hints she wants the audio leaked next
- Trump will WIN election 2020: Moody’s election model forecasts 'easy' win for Donald Trump
- Donald Trump told Rick Perry to talk with personal attorney Rudy Giuliani about Ukrainian 'corruption,' Energy Secretary reveals, but says he never heard anyone mention the Bidens
- Donald Trump calls Turkish invasion of Syria 'strategically BRILLIANT' for the U.S. as he slams Kurds as 'no angels' and says: 'There's a lot of sand they can play with. It's not our problem'
- Rudy Giuliani faces more claims of interfering in foreign policy: Personal attorney repeatedly urged Donald Trump to kick out a Turkish cleric Erdogan blamed for an alleged coup attempt - at same time as representing Turkish-Iranian businessman
- Joe Biden to Donald Trump: 'Release your tax returns or shut up'
- 'Boris asked me to do it': Donald Trump says he invited parents of Harry Dunn to meet their son's killer Anne Sacoolas at the White House 'only because Boris Johnson asked him to'
Russia is interfering AGAIN in 2020 election to help Donald Trump get a second term, intelligence officials secretly told Congress - prompting fury from president and Republicans have 480 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 20, 2020. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.