The Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode, (IIM-K) has launched an innovative two-year Masters in Business Administration in Liberal Studies and Management (MBA-LSM).
The IIM-K course is the first offering by any IIM interlinking Liberal Studies and Management. Applications for admissions to the programme will be accepted online by March 31. The programme provides in-depth coverage in terms of lessons from liberal studies and core management principles in the first year, followed by advanced courses and electives in the second year.
It has a module on International and Rural Immersion in Term IV (second year). Master’s thesis in Term VI (second year) is another feature of the course. IIM-K will also provide assistance for internship and final placements.
Announcing its launch, IIM-K Director Debashis Chatterjee said there was dire need for an alternative form of management education. MBA-LSM would equip future managers with earnestness to deal with human beings with equal effectiveness, he said.
To apply, applicants must hold a recognized bachelor’s degree or postgraduate degree in any discipline with minimum 50% marks or equivalent CGPA. They must also possess a valid score in CAT 2019 /GRE/ GMAT. SC/ST/PWD candidates are allowed a relaxation of 5% in the minimum mandated marks.
Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply. For details, log on to www.iimk.ac.in/academics/pgplsm/
- EKU to begin offering an online Communication Studies degree in Fall 2018
- From reluctant hotelier to top general manager
- Kudos! Kerala Tailor's Son Bags 19 Lakh Pay Package At IIM Nagpur, Becomes Associate Director
- MBAs evolve to stay relevant in changing world
- Executive MBA grads share tips for balancing studies with work and family life
- How long is a Masters Degree and other Masters Study FAQs
- Home/ PeopleNew Zealand offers range of choices for students
- Graduate of University of Management and Technology Receives DEAC Famous Alumni Award
- Business and Management Courses and Degrees
- International, Global and China Business Management
- Part time Diploma & Degrees and International Diploma
- Take the time to learn the financial basics
- L.A. Times Union Finds Longstanding Racial Pay Gap
- Capacity Management Market 2018 Component, Organization Size, Deployment Type, Vertical and Regional Forecasts -2025
- How a Web marketer sneaked her pseudonym into U.S. News, New York Times
- Govt launches Study In India initiative, targets 2 lakh foreign students by 2023
- Gender Pay Gap? Maybe Not in the Corner Office, a Study Shows
- Financial Corporate Performance Management Solution Market Strategy Analysis, Technology Aspects – Forecast to 2023
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakur: Ideal Time Management
- 87% of Focused Cyber Attacks are Prevented: Study
IIM-K offers full-time MBA in Liberal Studies and Management have 423 words, post on www.thehindu.com at February 8, 2020. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.