FROM a refugee camp to the Champions League within the space of two decades – jet-heeled Alphonso Davies has one incredible story to tell. The 19-year-old Canadian flying winger joined Bayern Munich for £17million last year from Vancouver Whitecaps, the biggest fee ever paid for an MLS player. And he showed it was money well spent as he starred for Bayern Munich in their devastating 3-0 win over Chelsea in the Champions League. The lightning winger-turned-full-back was sensational at Stamford Bridge as Chelsea could not get near him. Bayern team-mate Thomas Muller said: “He’s learnt a lot since he’s been here. It was a world class performance.” And former Munich and England star Owen Hargreaves said: “What an athlete he is. He’s a winger, he’s played as a full-back this season, and he’s been absolutely outrageous.”It has been an amazing journey, as he was born in a refugee camp in Ghana in 2000. It was hard to live there because the only way you survive sometimes is you have to carry guns, too. And we didn’t have any interest in shooting gunsFather Debeah Davies When the Second Liberian Civil War started, his parents Victoria and Debeah Davies fled their homeland…. Read full this story
- Spurs sell out entire 62,000 allocation for the Champions League screening at new stadium
- Crazy opening 21 minutes sees FIVE goals in bonkers clash as Spurs knock Man City out of Champions League on record breaking night
- Man City boost as Leroy Sane’s Bayern Munich transfer threatened with returning winger unable to play due to coronavirus
- Man City take on Barcelona in transfer race for David Alaba with Bayern Munich star ‘looking for new challenge’
- Bayern Munich star David Alaba to reject Man City transfer in favour of either Real Madrid or Barcelona
- Champions League and Europa League OFF due to coronavirus, including Man Utd and Chelsea ties next week
- Man City ban: Champions League takeaways, questions
- Mini tournament for Champions League, Europa League?
- UEFA Champions League, Europa League finals postponed
- Man City star Leroy Sane’s ‘reps in transfer talks with Bayern Munich over stunning summer deal’
Alphonso Davies was born in a refugee camp, fled to Canada and helped Bayern Munich destroy Chelsea in Champions League have 361 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 26, 2020. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.